SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aha! The problem isn't with variable passing or any of that, it's with how IE handles innerHTML. I found this:

http://archive.phpug.org.nz/?action=...nargs%5B%5D=71

which led me to start removing lines from my php file that generates the comments to see which was the offending party. It looks like innerHTML doesn't like the # symbol, at least not in IE. Anybody know anything about this?

edit: I take that back - it doesn't like the <a> tags I'm generating. If I take those tags out, the innerHTML works.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am happy to report that this bug has been squashed.

I ran into problems because I was using <a name="commentSection"></a> as anchors for each section. Problem was that I had both <a name="commentSection"></a> and <div id="commentSection"></div> and this was throwing IE into a tizzy. At least that's what I think was happening. It's fixed, and that's the important part. I didn't know this previously, but IE will throw an error if there is a problem with your HTML when you use innerHTML. Lesson learned.

Funny how after all that it was such a small error on my part. Thanks everyone, for the help!
    Last edited by yeah-yeah; Oct 22, 2005 at 20:49.