SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking out the trash

We've seen many posts over the years about affiliate programs and advertising networks not paying their dues. I'd like to create a list of these affiliate systems who don't pay. Please post the names and web addresses of any affiliate programs who haven't paid you the cash you earned. But please, no flames or complaints, just links.

Thankfully, I haven't been denied any payments I've earned. But I know many of you have, that's why I need your input.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard bad things about:

LinkShare
    CJ
    iBoost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mjames,

I think he is looking for first hand experience, rather than hearsay. Have you personally had bad experiences with CJ, Linkshare, or iBoost?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Particulary with iBoost. They haven't payed one of their affiliates and they cancelled WebSiteSponsors without notice. I went to sign-in one day and got a 404 error page. Not that I really used them, but I did have an account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by mjames
    Particulary with iBoost. They haven't payed one of their affiliates and they cancelled WebSiteSponsors without notice. I went to sign-in one day and got a 404 error page. Not that I really used them, but I did have an account.
    You know I used WebSiteSponsors for a little while a long time ago and like it. Chet there was nice and everything was smooth. Then iBoost took over and everything went downhill from there and I stopped using them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chet now runs fineclicks.com

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does anyone have any personal experience with companies who don't like to pay? I've seen so many posts complaining about affiliate programs giving them troubles, and several other posts saying affiliate programs don't work because conversion rates are so low. Well, here's your chance, speak up!

As a priest would say, "speak now or forever hold your peace".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this time, I can't speak up - we're in the process of taking legal action against a number of companies who have defaulted on money owed. Once this is done, I will be more than happy to share who the culprits are.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent,thank you very much. When the coast is clear please send me an email (thechronic@thesounds.com), I would love to have a chat with you.

Good luck on your case!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will most definitely chat with you once things are resolved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by mjames
    I've heard bad things about:

LinkShare
    CJ
    iBoost
    While I've never used iBoost, Linkshare and CJ have always been reliable for me..

Bryan

SitePoint Enthusiast Big Fat JC's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres my list

Website Sponsors - This check was "In The Mail" for about 4 months and then Chet told me he was going to send it, and now... where are they?

Safe Audit - Lost my $25.00 in their roll over system.

FastClick - One day my login stopped working... My email was down at the time so I may have been booted but I don't know, darn hosting providers. Never received any money.

Launch - This program was administrated by BeFree but was cancelled. I have not received my $617.00 yet.

Eads - This company's reporting system counted 200 click throughs(sp?) in one day, this was at the time I was sooo happy when I got 200 visitors a day, so they cancelled my account. They did pay me for those clicks though .

Oops Forgot This One:
    AmazingMedia - Cut my site since I was only showing GIF ads (they ran behind Burst) instead of those fancy flash ads. I Earned over $300.00, I did receive 2 checks for about $30.00.

P.S. I hate to see people bash burst because I've been with them for over a year now and they are working out great, I've made more money with Burst than anyone else. Anyway these are just my experiences.
    Last edited by Big Fat JC; Aug 13, 2001 at 07:13.
    Eden Rox
    Project Bookie Currently Under Development

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing media!!

They will find the smallest excuse to close a site. Many people I know were suddenly 'not members', as I was!

The reason for mine? I had a banner on ONE 'you can take this joke two ways - clean or dirty' type joke.

A friend had a 'banner on adult jokes', but they weren't real naughty type adult jokes, just bordering on naughty.

I swear the advertisers have no sense of humour.

C'est la vie, they lost several high performing affilliates due to their pomposity!!