User Tag List

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RC Drifting Community

Howdy,
    I recently bought RC Drifting Community and am looking for some feedback. Currently, my only plans are to convert the forum over to vBulletin and integrate a forum design with the rest of the site. What I'm looking for is some feedback on how does the design on the main part of the site look/work for you? Ideas on how to improve it are very, very welcome!
    thanks!
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the design. When i first visited the site I knew I could trust that there may be some valuable content for people who may be interested in this kind of stuff. The navigation is excellent. Maybe you could pull the car image up just a little bit so that people can see the new content more easily when they visit a section of the site. Another small criticism is some of the navigation button graphics are of poor image quality maybe you save them as a high res jpeg or maybe even png if you’re not to bothered about bandwidth. The forum needs some work as well in order to match the theme of the website. I noticed your using phpBB forum software this is easy to customize. Personally it really bothers me when portals and forum themes don't match but it is up to you if you want to change it.

Hope this helps

jon

http://www.owningup.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a very neat site. Nice picture at the top.. The menu seems pretty cool but it definetely need some cool hover states.

The .gif's for home, pdf, print, mail and seach and whatever you have look terrible..um.. "pixelwasted". they need some editting.

The blue colors in forum should be changed to match the mail site color with the dark metal-like grey colors.

"Featured news" and "featured media" shouldn't have the same images.

And an overall comment.. I think you have a good site but you have been too harsh with youre compression of the pictures..

Hope my comments are for some use

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestions for RCDRIFTER

http://www.rcdrifter.com/v1/index.php

What about adding a link at the top “What is RC Drifter?”; I had no idea at first if they were real ‎cars or radio controlled cars…I guess that’s the idea…
    It would be more comfortable for a novice or just a curious person to immediately have a LINK ‎that would briefly tell you about RC Drifter. It would keep the attention of a novice for those out ‎there who are not familiar with RC clubs or RC Drifter. If I wasn’t reviewing this site and I just ‎came across the site, I would consider it too busy for me to figure out what it’s all about and I ‎would just move on.‎

Quote Originally Posted by petertdavis
    Howdy,
    I recently bought RC Drifting Community and am looking for some feedback. Currently, my only plans are to convert the forum over to vBulletin and integrate a forum design with the rest of the site. What I'm looking for is some feedback on how does the design on the main part of the site look/work for you? Ideas on how to improve it are very, very welcome!
    thanks!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a nice design but it's quite complicated.. I didnt feel like surfing around to figure it out, it just looked like too much. Couldn't focus on one thing really, if you know what i mean. May be a little too "dark"

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Review of RC Drifter Site

It's an attractive design that is well-suited to the subject of the site.

Low contrast between the orange & black letters and the dark gray background makes the text hard to read. The footer with the alternative navigation links is especially hard to read.

There's no indication of where you are in the site. It would be nice if the "frontpage news articles," "archived news articles," etc. links changed in some way to indicate which page you're at. It would also be nice if these links lit up, underlined, etc. when you mouseover them.

When I resize text, the text in the ad grows/shrinks. When it grows too large, it overflows the box so that you can only read a portion of the ad.

David Salahi

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much for the helpful feedback. I'm brainstorming on these ideas how to change the site.
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design but some things arnt reall good, like the sponsor's banner, it looks out of place, and the pics on the menu arent a pleasure, oyther than that its really good, the idea rocks too
    --------------
    Mez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suits the genre well, the content boxes at the bottom could maybe be better intergrated with the design as there is a sharp shift from one style to the next. Css rollover effect perhaps on the centre menu items.
    Video-Tutes.com
    Web & Graphic design video tutorials
    100% free video tutorials.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I like it. I think it's quite sexual, perfect for the genre!
    Not too sure about the satin kind of effect you've got behind the 'website navigation' words. And yeah, you need to work on your forum so the colours are the same as your main site. But that's all I can see at the moment. Nice work anyways!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    The design looked nice but following points which can be redone or fixed..

1. The menu images on the right are of low quality or somehting? It shows small dotts around image..it happens when the JPG is of low quality

2. When I clicked on Show Archive page, the layout looked bit messy..."2005 Yokomo Catalog Released" didnt have image, the one blow that had image and one more article on the right... so the alignment was not that kind of proper..i found it bit confusting...

3. The position of ad banner, I think you can make it proper by removing the BG of that part and keeping it just plain and giving line breaks above and below the banner...

4. Forum theme, it is exactly opposite of theme of the main website, the main website is dark and gives warm feeling where the forum gives bright feelings...I think you should match both this PHPBB theme can go very well with the site theme..

Regards
    Deep

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm quite a fan of the design - it's certainly a very "cool" looking website that definitely fits your targetted audience. The orange writing is a bit difficult to read, though, so changing that would definitely be a good option.
    Managing Director,
    GamerWithin.com

PC | Xbox | GameCube | PS2 | Xbox 360 | PS3 | DS | PSP