SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Marketing Guru ;) Johan Malmberg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magazine on Promotion/Marketing

Is there a paper magazine available that is about promotion, marketing, SE's...

I have not been able to find one.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen a paper magazine but there are several ezines on search engine optimization. Check out www.webpositiongold.com. We use their software and they send emails out on a monthly basis (I think) with updates. I think Microsoft's bCentral also has something like that.

You can check out www.getsubmitted.com as well, but since HostPro has pulled all their other free services (getfonts, getscripts, etc.) I don't know how long it will be up.

Marketing Guru ;) Johan Malmberg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have allready subscribed to many different e-zines about se's, promotion, marketing, e-commerce...

I am surpised I can't find a paper magazine. The market for it should be big enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't recommend a paper magazine, but I do recommend a great newsletter online: www.trafficology.com

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you make up your mind finally on the issue of paper magazines do check out the list of relevant publications at wilsonweb.com

They have a long list.
    fash

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I am surpised I can't find a paper magazine. The market for it should be big enough"

May be not enough to print a paper magazine on a weekly or monthly basis. I have seen a lot of newsletters, books, articles but never a paper magazine about promotion, marketing, SE's...
    Search Engine Consultant - Do not risk your business using basic search engine ranking software.
    Read this article Use AgentWebRanking Professional edition. www.agentwebranking.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ad Age, Ad Week, hundreds more -

but they are NOT about how to do it on your own withoug engaging professional services or involving an experienced staff.

Think about that: if they wre, who would advertise - and without advertising, how could they publish? Subscription fees are barely enough (and often not nearly enough) to keep small newsletters going, but the business premise of a magazine requires an advertising-based revenue model.
    _____/\/\arty \/\/inston

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check wilsonweb.com list

Fabient, have you visited the web site of wilsonweb and searched their list of print publications.

I am quite sure that, there will be some print publication out here and remember to check the writers market( last edition, the current one) and related publications.
    fash