User Tag List

Thread: cj.com bugs?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cj.com bugs?

For some reason an amount of $52 showed up into my account balance at Commission Junction but I have never used an yof the affiliate programs to earn any money which is strange. Now that I do use them though it is not tracking any of my sales, anyone else having any probs like this?
    Travis
    http://www.eboarding.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe that's where all mine went to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's strange. If I were you, I wouldn't be complaining!

SitePoint Enthusiast webman1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

similar problem

I had the same problem, however I was not lucky enough to find $52 in my account CJ wasn't tracking my sales. A friend signed up through my link and I never got credit. Anyone else with this problem, or know how to fix it?

Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have dropped many cj programs (because I haven't made a cent in the last 2 months) I keep just a few smartzones going on a few pages only (4) and continually change the merchants when one doesn't perform after a couple of days.

I just checked my stats....this month, 10,000+ impressions 54 hits $0.00

What does one have to do? The advice to date has been to experiment. I think I have experimented with half the merchants since I have been with cj. (well nearly )

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only problem is the $52 is showing up in my accountbalance but my network earnings are showing $0 so i probalby wont get anything.
    Travis
    http://www.eboarding.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CJ is my best performing NETWORK...but I have some independent programs that perform better

MY biggest issue with CJ is that I don't 100% trust their tracking system. I have had programs that performed fine until they moved to CJ and then NADA. -^--------- Flat Lined!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only been with them a couple of week so I'm by no means an expert however they are the network I've been happiest with so far (use fastclick cause I track my own advertisers there).

The only thing that outperforms CJ is advertising I myself go and hunt down.
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by tdevil
    I just checked my stats....this month, 10,000+ impressions 54 hits $0.00
    54 hits may not produce any revenue, it depends how well the product at hand converts.

For example, I might send a Long Distance Calling offer 100 hits with no conversions. A product like this has an extremely low conversion rate, but the high bounty makes up for the difference.

I'll send another offer 100 hits and make 8 conversions. This product converts very well, has an excellent landing page, is very targeted, yet the bounty is low so I'll only make $6.

Remember to try affiliate programs that tie in nicely with your website. And don't rely on banner advertisements, odds are they won't lead to many conversions. Be creative. Create text links, product reviews (working well for me), personal endorsements, etc.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by RKuhle

Remember to try affiliate programs that tie in nicely with your website. And don't rely on banner advertisements, odds are they won't lead to many conversions. Be creative. Create text links, product reviews (working well for me), personal endorsements, etc.
    Oh boy! I have tried so so so MANY programs that I think would tie in with my site, text links also. Here is just one text link that I tried after banners with that same program didn't work - 2,951 impressions 1 hit!!

Maybe I should go to the opposite of what will tie in with my site??????
    Kinda like reverse psychology

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, let me know if the reverse psychology theory works.

Can you post your link here and tell me which link goes to an affiliate program? I'd like to take a look at what you're trying, I may have a suggestion or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't keep that text link for obvious reasons

I replace them usually after 1000 impressions if they do no good. Banners I might leave to only 800. I think that is long enough to see if the are gererating any interest.

I certainly wouldn't let it get to 10,000 again!!!

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dropping a program after 1000 impressions is awful soon, too soon.

If you're not getting clicks on text links, it's not the affiliate programs fault, the fault lies within your text. Your text copy is not appealing enough. After 2000-3000 (possibly more) impressions, if you aren't receiving a good CTR, change your text. Then repeat the process until you find text copy that converts.

Let me give you an example of how the text copy can increase your CTR, and your revenues. On my Free 3D Wallpaper website, I was linking to another website that had free screen savers. The text simply read "Free Screen Savers". I was sending them an average of 10-20 hits a day. One day I changed the link title to "Free 3D Screen Savers" and the outgoing traffic shot up to 40-50 hits a day.

Just as some commercials work better than others, some text titles work better than others. Again, please post some information about your website and the link titles you were using, along with the affiliate programs at hand. I would be more than happy to take a look and give you some suggestions.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, by the way, I usually let my text links run for 5000-10000 impressions before I change them. I always try changing the text title 3-4 times before I decide to go on a different route.

Banners I usually leave running for a little bit longer than text.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by RKuhle
    Dropping a program after 1000 impressions is awful soon, too soon.

If you're not getting clicks on text links, it's not the affiliate programs fault, the fault lies within your text. Your text copy is not appealing enough. After 2000-3000 (possibly more) impressions, if you aren't receiving a good CTR, change your text. Then repeat the process until you find text copy that converts.
    I didn't *used* to change programs so soon, just that I get impatient with cj now. I have very few programs running with them now.

I used to get good results with text links and banners, certainly a healthy CTR. But in June in all came to a standstill. I check best performing links once a day and might get 3 or 4 hits a day. THAT is unhealthy.

You appear to be offline at present, but I will send my URL via PM - this is the main traffic grabber of my site. But I have the odd link on other pages. At present I think there is no text links on this page. It is very easy to get discouraged

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by tdevil
    It is very easy to get discouraged
    At times, yes it can. Just remember to focus on your main goal and pursue that. Don't worry about your short-term goal (a little money today), because your long-term goal (a lot of money next year) is what matters in the end.

I don't think I received your PM, can you send it again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my humble experience with CJ, banners and/or text ads don't work. What worked for me was:

1. incorporating text links in my articles in my webmasters resources website (www.all4content.com - going down any day now ). The site had a couple of hundreds of visitors a month but had excellent conversion rates (making 15-20$ a month).

2. Promoting specific products that fit my site's theme. For example, my best selling link was subscription to a cats magazine. I put up a whole page of a review of this magazine (I happen to be a subscriber myself so it was easy for me to review and recommend) and a prominent link from the first page. I sold about 20 subscriptions in one month, but then it went down (I guess most of the potential customers signed up by then )
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't read through every post in this thread so don't kill me if I repeat something.

I have been paid almost $2000 now by CJ just fine. Only once did anything suspicious occur and it was in my favor; I got a $24 payment by one company I had generated about 50 leads for, perhaps as a bonus? It was just there in my transaction report, $24 from them, but their payout was $2 per lead, each of which I had been paid for.

I also saw something when I scrolled down this thread about banners not working. I agree, I still run them across my sites and they work, but what brings in most of my leads are text ads. The way I do it is basically have a section that looks like the ad you see above SitePointForums posts, the text ad sponsor area. But in that area I would have 3 ads all next to eachother, short text links with descriptions.

I would basically prequalify the visitor (let them know what the thing I'm advertising is, and one thing it can do for them) and send 'em off to the site, making sure to always choose advertisers that had sites that looked like they would convert visitors really well (short process between my site and actual signup, but still provided enough details, and very good site design).