User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

News Distribution Services

Hi
    Anyone used any of the services below - or any other - for a web site launch. I'd like to hear about effectiveness of such a service.

1. XpressPress
    2. Internet Wire
    3. eReleases
    4. Internet News Bureau
    5. URLwire
    6. others
    www.SitesOfInterest.com
    Easy searching. Easy Advertising.

FREE top of the list advertising!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stef - let me start with a warning - my Newstips service competes in this category.

I have been a client of Business Wire and PR Newswire and looked into Internet Wire (and I have clients using one or another of them). Of the three, Business Wire is best, but they always always always try to stick you for a bigger package than you need. You can get everywhere you need to reach with them for $200 - especially if you book it through a US PR agency that's already a member (I'm no longer a member of any). That said, the pickup is less than 4%, even on a good day.

The online stuff is fairly lame because (a) not many real press go there and none of the A list (b) the only place they're very effective is in reaching a smalls egment of people already on the Web, and there's a much greater potential for a new site among people not yet on the Web, plus a stronger impetus to investigate when the mention comes from a "real" (brick, not click) news medium. (Please, no bull sessions about the philosophy of this all, I'm dealing only in observable and measurable professional realities).

Speaking of professional, the spin, tone and wording of a release has a major effect on both its likelihood of coverage and on the nature of the coverage that will result.

All of that said, your chances of coverage depend on the nature of your site and its benefits to visitors.

Is there a launch budget? (And is it sane in light of monetization models and projected ROI?) Let me know what it is (and what your site's about) in private and I'll be able to be much more specific in terms of resources, etc.
    _____/\/\arty \/\/inston

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, lots of press releases get ignored. Make sure yours stands out if you're going to write one..

Adam
    Find A Web Host: Click Here
    Hosting News & Information:Click Here
    Web Host Reseller Info:Click Here