SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you add .txt to the end of the file name, you should be able to attach it. If that doesn't work, put the files in a zip, then attach that.

Douglas
    Hello World

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason Sitepoint stopped sending thread update notices, so I was not aware of the messages after my last post in this thread.

Still there are a few points that deserve a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Livingston
    Nonetheless, the Titanic did sink, didn't it?
    Your point being? Never mind, I am not interested in yet another useless argument competition.

I'm not that young and inexperienced that I can't decide which tools are right or not for the job at hand. Metastorage isn't the right tool, going by the requirements of the threads author.
    That was never challenged. The original poster wanted to achieve certain purposes and I advised how he could achieve them with the features that Metastorage supports. If he decide that it is not satisfactory, that is not my concern.

You forget that Metastorage is just that - a tool. It isn't going to be a viable option for every case, whereas the view that I get from you, is that what you want to do, is to shoehorn Metastorage as a viable option or solution to every object relational mapping issue that has in the last 18 months or so, been discussed on these forums.
    And why does that bother you? Why are you so concerned that I tell people that they can try Metastorage? Is it my impression or you are actively trying to boycott Metastorage?

The way I see it, it seems that you have invested a lot of time challenging my right to tell people to try my solutions. I am not talking only about this thread, nor only about Metastorage. Anybody can browse previous Sitepoint threads on which you challenge my right to tell people about my solutions, being them Metastorage or other classes of mine.

That makes me wonder if you have anything personal that justifies the time you invest in this and other threads trying to make my solutions look less useful to others.

I don't know if you thought of that, the more you try to make my solutions look less useful, that increases the curiosity of people that do not buy your attempts to suppress my posts that suggest to try my solution.

As a matter of fact, at least three people came to me after having read this thread with enquiries about Metastorage since the thread was started.

Some even made less polite comments regarding people like you that systematically tries to make solutions less useful. I am not going to reproduce such comments, because those do not represent my opinion, nor I want to turn this thread into a personal thing.

As for personal attacks, I can't on any account, see where Pachanga has actually made any personal attacks. The posting you made earlier though, has a lot to say not only about yourself, but also of Metastorage.
    If you want me to take you seriously, you need to respect me. Pachanga has enough information to know that Metastorage generates code that executes much more complicated task than just "getters and setters". When he says that Metastorage just generates "getters and setter" he is obviously trying to make fun of me, and I cannot tolerate that.

You can ask questions about Metastorage, you can point any limitations that it may have, you can decide that you do not want to use Metastorage for its limitations or whatever non-technical reasons you may have. That is all right for me. Still that does not give anybody the right to disrepect me.

That is why I decided to stop giving Pachanga further attention. If he wants my attention, he must respect me. I am sure that if it was with you or anybody that has self respect, you would do the same.

The latest weeks have been intense for the Metastorage project. Several new releases were made with many features that people asked. I made several presentations traveling to far places upon invitation of people that wanted me to give presentations and tutorials about Metastorage. I was even invited to give an 8 hour class as part of post-graduate IT course in a reputed university of the São Paulo state in Brazil. So, I am not talking just about local PHP user groups.

This is just so you get a clue, that if Metastorage was a minor irrelevant project as you attempt to make it look like, people would not be inviting me and paying for my traveling expenses to give all these presentations.
    Manuel Lemos

Metastorage - Data object relational mapping layer generator
    PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components in PHP

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougBTX
    But you don't refute pachanga's claim?

63,000 lines of PHP for a generator of getters/setters classes?
    That was not a claim. That is just an attempt to making fun of me by minimizing what Metastorage does.

Anybody that is really interested in using Metastorage knows that it does much more than generating "getters and setters". If you don't know what it does, the number of lines of code that I mentioned should be sufficient to make you wonder that he is not serious when tries to minimize Metastorage by saying that he just generates "getters and setters".

If you still wonder what it does, take a look at Metastorage feature set summary. That does not reveal in detail all it does, but it is enough for you to realize that Pachanga is not being serious and just wants to disrespect me. This way, it should not be surprising when I state that I cannot justify giving my attention to people that do not deserve it for being disrespectful.
    Manuel Lemos

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tos
    i would like to have enough materials to get me started with metastorage...
    well i have finish design my class diagram but i don't know how to upload it to the forum..
    If you mean the XML file, I think DougBTX suggestion of attaching with .txt extension may work.

Anyway, there is a mailing list in Yahoo groups on which you can get support about Metastorage (and MetaL projects). There you can upload sample files at will to the files section.

Since this was not so obvious I changed Metastorage home page a bit to make it more visible. There is even a Metastorage list for portuguese speaking users.

In case you want to access the Metastorage page and do not recall the correct URL, now you can just go to metastorage.net (not metastorage.com, that is something of somebody else that is unrelated).

i just wanted to say that its easy to criticise someone's work but really an open source ORM really helps for those who don't have time to code classes one by one but rather needs to concentrate on building complex queries.
    Thank you for reinforcing that point. I developed Metastorage because I had a large IT project many years ago that failed for using much less productive methods . Now that I am working in an upcoming package of services to be offered to paying users of the PHP Classes, I do not want to fail again for using the same less productive methods.

Metastorage already helped a lot developing the PHP Classes site forums, but for the paid services there is a whole lot more to do. Metastorage lets me use better my time in more intellectual tasks like implementing the business rules, that I am saving for not having to code so much by hand for the data access layer.

well how can i upload the class diagram for me, then to really know based on your comments -that am sure i gonna get positive response, how metastorage handle my needs or if suvh complex queries are supported by the OQL of metastorage.....

Ps:could i mail u mlemos if i can't upload the class diagram
    If you do not succeed posting here, feel free to post in the Metastorage support mailing list (preferred) or mail me privately.
    Manuel Lemos