SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TradeDoubler UK - making links invalid with no notice

We have over 30 links to Workthing on our sites. I have just received a two-sentence email to inform us that all future click-throughs will not generate us any commission.

Has this happened to anyone else with any TradeDoubler programme?

I don't mind being dumped like this: it is Workthing's perogative who they have as an affiliate, but I feel we should have been given some notice. Like I said, we have over 30 in-context links to Workthing on various of our UK sites.

A little bit of notice should have been given.

All the affiliate gurus are always advising "use in-context text links and don't just bung up banners". But when we are treated like this by an affiliate program, I think why bother? Spend hours putting up links and then you only make 10 or 20 quid and you're told your links won't work any more.

Affiliate marketing will never take off unless affiliate managers treat their affiliates like true partners and not slaves/scum-bags who they can hire and fire at will without notice.

In case anybody is wondering: we have NOT engaged in fraud and that is not the reason why Workthing have said hasta la vista to us. The problem might be that we were sending too much traffic to them. But our UK sites have thousands of unique visitors a week. If we send 10 or 20 a day to Workthing, that is not a high proportion of the total traffic we receive. Only problem is they might think it's suspicious.
    Nadeem Azam
    Litmania.com Inc.

Free promotion - check out this 1:1 banner exchange
    Dot com domains - the world's most prestigious domain names for sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count yourself lucky I was removed without so much as an email, this was about 1 and half months ago, They got hundreds of free clicks from me by not telling me I had the links up for 3 - 4 day maybe longer without noticing they had removed me, or reduced my commison to 0.

I emailed tradedoubler I never got a response.

I think I was removed for sending them to many clicks as well, But hey I could not help that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not a new affilate either I had been with them since october last year I think, maybe even longer.