User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SitePoint Addict AllClicks Robert's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondan
    My comments are not false or obnoxious, while they may be damaging is the networks fault. .
    Wrong.

Your comments are most certainly false. You stated that PopUpTraffic is a "complete scam" and "they only count 1/10 of the pops."

Both of those statements are lies.

Moving on to you questionable math.... if your making $60/day at a $1.00 CPM that would mean you are displaying 60,000 pops per day. But you claim that 1/10 of that earned you $5.00 day with us, which you would have earned after 1250 pops. So are now changing your story to say that we count 1/48 the pops or are you sticking with your original tale?
    - Claxon Media - CPM banners/leaders/skys/squares
    Net 15 payments via Check, bank wire, or Paypal

- PopUpTraffic.com - The original pop program. $3 to $4 CPMs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you are apparently trying to accuse me of making false statements, i will just post screenshots, and let you explain why I made 1-2$ a day with popuptraffic, whereas with my current publisher, I am making ~100$ a day.
    I do expect you to say I magically grew my popup network the second I left your network, so I will watch out for that response

First we will do a day by day breakdown
    http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/7972/pt13xt.jpg

Then lets do a month total.
    http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/2561/pt21dc.jpg

Now, lets see how I am doing with another network (This months stats showing)
    http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/6250/untitled7hd.jpg

You can argue this untill you are blue in the face, I went from 2$ a day with you to over a hundred currently. Are you going to tell me that you are still the better network?
    Krazy Karls Krazy Kontraptions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I guess just in case you think this is just me unfairly targeting your network, let me quote another user in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fireklown
    I don't mean this in any disrespectable way, I really don't.

But I have tested out every Popup provider. Even ones I knew wouldn't pay. And PopUptraffic had by far the worst count of any network I used. I even used one once that only counted US pops per 72 hours. And they beat the PUT count 3:1

PayPopUp which even admits they pick random numbers out of their butt Beat PUT like 11:1 9with a 24 hour cookie)
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...5&postcount=17

Im just going to let the screenshots and the publishers opinions speak for themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bostondan,

You should have taken notes to keep your BS straight.

Your screenshots show that when you removed the popuptraffic code the traffic to you other sponser remained unchanged. How is that possible? (hint...it's not)

Wouldn't your traffic to the other sponsor have gone up by over 100 times?

You claim we're only counting 1/110 of your other sponser but when you remove our code your stats with them remain unchanged when they should have exploded upwards. Wow. I guess your traffic fluctuates by tens millions of visitors a day. :/

Also,
    First you claimed we counted 1/10 of your traffic.
    Then your story changed to 1/48.
    Now your story has changed a third time to 1/110.
    Again, taking notes would help you keep your story straight.

I'm sorry if you don't like PopUpTraffic. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I like McDonald's and not BurgerKing. But I don't go making up lies stating that "Burger King Sucks! Their burgers are made of worms!" because I don't like them.

I'm off to watch football. You can have the last word.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bostondan,

>You should have taken notes to keep your BS straight.

>Your screenshots show that when you removed the popuptraffic code the >traffic to you other sponser remained unchanged. How is that possible? >(hint...it's not)
    Yeah, because that was october, and this is november.. I know its a hard thought.
    see http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66...curity/lol.jpg

>Wouldn't your traffic to the other sponsor have gone up by over 100 times?

Yeah, it would, If I ran 2 popup networks at the same time.. I ran with PUT through october, then switched.
    See http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66...curity/lol.jpg

>You claim we're only counting 1/110 of your other sponser but when you >remove our code your stats with them remain unchanged when they should >have exploded upwards. Wow. I guess your traffic fluctuates by tens >millions of visitors a day. :/
    Im sorry I didnt get the exact statistics for you, thats why I posted the screenshots.

>Also,
    >First you claimed we counted 1/10 of your traffic.
    >Then your story changed to 1/48.
    >Now your story has changed a third time to 1/110.
    >Again, taking notes would help you keep your story straight.

>I'm sorry if you don't like PopUpTraffic. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. >I like McDonald's and not BurgerKing. But I don't go making up lies stating >that "Burger King Sucks! Their burgers are made of worms!" because I don't >like them.

>I'm off to watch football. You can have the last word.
    Yeah, that would be true if it was only me with this problem..
    To clarify, the stats for my current publisher are for november, where as yours are from october. I did not run 2 popup networks at the same time.

Even after all this slander towards me, You still have not offered a explanation as to why my count was so incredibly low compared to other publishers.
    Personally, At this point I dont care if you guys do start matching the payouts of other networks, the attitude shown here would keep me far away regardless.

I never imagined this post to go as far as it has, but with you calling publishers liars and bull****ters, it really does not speak well for your network.
    As you chose to ignore, another user has posted in this thread about the poor ratio and payout by Popuptraffic.com - This is not just me.

You have quite a imagination if you think my time is best spent bull****ting the low stats I got with you. I think I could brag about some other things? Perhaps the amount of horsepower in my car, or the cubic feet of my house. Certainly not the low payout I got with you.

Regardless, I think this thread speaks very well of popuptraffic.com, and the support you can expect from them.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please read the programs terms before ranting.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have had a very bad experience with popuptraffic. I get about 3 popups a day on average with 1000 daily uniques 90% US traffic. Not only is their website scream a shoddy company, but your public relations reeks of unprofesionalism. From the looks of it you are a one man show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fullahimhard,

I'd like to look up your account, but you're posting anonymously so it's difficult for me to respond to your comments.

PopUpTraffic serves about 17,000,000 pops daily thru about 6000 active affiliates. It was the first pop program on the net and has 6 full time dedicated staff. I'm sorry if you feel thats "shoddy."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting kinda back on topic ... I have had great success with popups so far on about 8 of my sites, the regulars have not minded and they have been a great source of income.

The only part I have been annoyed with is keeping on top of the newly added ads in fastclick, there sure are some dodgy ads!

At this stage I am glad I added popups.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BP2000
    Getting kinda back on topic ... I have had great success with popups so far on about 8 of my sites, the regulars have not minded and they have been a great source of income.

The only part I have been annoyed with is keeping on top of the newly added ads in fastclick, there sure are some dodgy ads!

Would you mind telling us the popup company? Or is it fastclick?

SitePoint Enthusiast BlogPatrol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BP2000

BP2000, You are so right!

I'm doing test campaigns with both FastClick as well as CasaleMedia. I've found that I need to check the new ads daily too so that I can screen out the 'dodgy' ads. Overall, it's just a small nuisance and an extra 'to do'.
    BlogPatrol.com - Free Blog Counters, Widgets and Stats

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I'm going to add my two cents here. When it comes to advertising on my websites, I use the golden rule: do to others what I wouldn't mind being done to me. I hate popups and especially pop-unders, and I try and block them. So why would I use them on my site? Isn't it a bit unethical to use pop-ups on my site when I strive to block myself from seeing them? Sort of the same thing as telemarketers signing up for the "no-call" list.
    My top 3: TheSkinnyWebsite, ChickLitbooks,TheSkinnyForum

Six-figure bloggin' since 2006.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguinette
    OK I'm going to add my two cents here. When it comes to advertising on my websites, I use the golden rule: do to others what I wouldn't mind being done to me. I hate popups and especially pop-unders, and I try and block them. So why would I use them on my site? Isn't it a bit unethical to use pop-ups on my site when I strive to block myself from seeing them? Sort of the same thing as telemarketers signing up for the "no-call" list.
    I think the Golden Rule is a good choice on whether or not to run pop ads, among just about everything else in life!

For the record, I don't mind pop ads from sources I use such as CNN.com and dictionary.com. Such sites provide value me with value, e.g., content, data, etc., so I'm (personally) cool with getting an advertising message from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down BlogPatrol decides not to pop - removes pop under ads for now

Just a postscript that after approximately six months, I have decided to remove popunder ads from BlogPatrol. Why?

I believe it is all explained on this user's blog entry:

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...istrib-object/

My expectation was not being met that the ad brokers I was using (Casale Media and FastClick) were able to block out malware, so I have no choice but to turn off popunders until I find a better way of doing this type of advertising.

i.e., the Golden Rule doesn't work if the partners you're working with aren't playing by the rules!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks