SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hybrid CPM/CPA advertising

Has anyone had any luck selling hybrid CPM/CPA advertising yet? I've heard that tossed around as a solution to get internet advertising back on track (along with creative new ad placement ideas).

I'd like to try to charge a $1-3 CPM with a 5-15% commission on a CPA basis. That way they're paying for the branding privilidge of advertising on our site, and we still have the CPA side to prove that over time their branding efforts have worked.

So, has anyone made anything like this work yet?

--
    Visit LaughingPlace.com
    The Number One Source for Disney news, information, and travel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peopel do sell them, I knwo fastclick does alot of hybrid campaigns, I don't knwo many people that sell them on thier sites, but if your site is big enough then it would be worth the effort of setting it up and using it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X10 have been placing these types of buys - with many coincidentally brokered through FastClick as mentioned above. Since there's is a general-audience product, you may have some luck negotiating a hybrid popunder or banner deal with the firm as long as you have a large enough audience to leverage the kind of volume that X10 seek.

Generally, the hybrid model certainly is worth pursuing, and I've made one direct-sold hybrid deal in the past for a web hosting product that worked well for both myself and the advertiser. As with all adverting, the greatest success will come through active involvement of both the publisher and marketer - so pretend that the deal is solely CPA and 'sell' it to your audience - and targeting remains crucial to increasing both parties' ROIs.
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!