SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the little-fat-black ones - very cute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, they have those upstate and in New York and stuff. The ones we have are grey. But most of them are fat because of the sheer quantities of food they inhale.
    Sean Killeen [LinkedIn] [Twitter] [Web]

Warning: Reality.sys corrupted. Universe halted. Reboot? (Y/N)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw them in Toronto last year.

Most over here are grey and skinny as hell.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm compromising because I believe that science could actually have something to say... And you're a holy apostle because you don't?
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    revilre,

You are too much. Even those in here who support religion and the belief in God are not enough for you. Dude get over it, Hell is a made up place, and refers to nothing more than being buried. Depsite your claims that you care not what others think, you will believe what you want, might fly in your church, but in the real world, you sound like a fool. Remember not everyone believes as you do, and so by your viewpoints you are literally saying if you don't believe me you don't know the truth. The truth about what? In your made up world we are all going to burn in this so-called place hell, which again doesn't even exist. Its a damn metaphorical word, for the act of dying and being buried.
    Please don't PM me with questions.
    Use the forums, that is what they are here for.

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude,

I thought that was abundantly clear. That I believe what I believe on the authority of the Bible. Just because you don't accept that authority, doesn't mean I can't think that authority still applies to you.
    Yes and as soon as you start telling me and others I am sure, what is going to happen to use if we don't believe what you believe, you should expect to be ragged on. As soon as you start poking fun at other peoples' religions, you should expect us to think yours is a joke also, and if everyone at your church acts like you it must be a circus.

Its your "my way or the Hell expressway" that is starting to tick people off around here. Grow up, there are billions of other people on the planet who think your way is a load of %@&#.

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't accept it, you can believe whatever you want about what is going to happen to you, but as soon as you start telling me what is going to happen to me according to your beliefs you should expect me to stand up and say "yeah right" you are full of putooie, just like if I said I hold my latest issue of High Times as the final word, its my basis for all beliefs and it says your God is fake, and if you don't smoke herb, you will sent to the planet dumb*%$ to rot in schwag city forever. And no matter what you say that is what is going to happen to you. I believe 100% this is your future and there is nothing you can do about it. How does that make you feel, because that is how you are making everyone else feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by aspen
    There is more in the old testament then sacrificing a bull or calling homosexuality a sin.

If you're going to believe homosexuality is a sin because it says so in Leviticus then you should also be prepared to believe everything else in Leviticus.

You might be able to explain the bull sacrificing point, but what about the others?

-= Adultry is okay if it is with a slave?
    -= So you can only eat fruit in the fourth year?
    -= I'm in trouble, I have a goatee... and my fiance she has a few tattoos.
    -= So if a man accidentially sees his sister naked they shall be banished? And if a man sleeps with a woman on her period they shall be banished? Good thing we all have 2 beds.
    -= Indeed, wizards all over the place, we need to do something about the wizard epidemic.
    -= People on the swim team shave their heads.... it is a sin.

All of that is from Leviticus.
    What many of you don't understand is that in addition to what Goof said about Sin, Leviticus was written to and for a people who had little understanding of science and industry. If you analyze some of God's commands to the Israelites, you will see scientific fact at work. For example, when God says "do not eat Pork, shellfish or anything that creeps along the bottom of the sea" there is scientific merit for his words.

Eating pork (when undercooked) can easily give someone trichynosis (sp?). Similar things may happen when eating creatures that creep along the bottom. There are more bacteria in those creatures that other fish. Circumcision was another thing. Not only was it used to visually set the Jews apart from other cultures, it was also a matter of hygiene. The tattoo's? Certain cultures had a habit of tattooing their bodies in memory of their ancestors. This is a form of worship that is not centered around Jehovah and so was forbidden.

I can't defend everything in the OT and nor do I need to. God can defend himself just fine without my intervention.

As for your comments, I have both a goatee, and I tattoo's, I also trim the corners of my beard. I had to shave my head when I was 8.

The fact is that the New Testament, and specifically Jesus' sacrifice, has freed me from the law of the Old Testament. The only thing that the Old Testament leads to is death. The New Testament and Christ's sacrifice leads to life. Ephesians 2: 8-9 states "For it is by Grace that you have been saved, through faith, not by works lest any man should boast. Technically, according to that verse, I could go out and rape and murder and steal and would still be a Christian. The point is that if I am truly a child of God then I won't want to be those things.

In the OT, you had to "perform" to be saved, while in the NT, as long as I receive the gift of Grace from Christ's sacrifice, I can be saved. That is the beauty of sacrifice of Jesus, I don't have to constantly worry about the state of my salvation.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Aes
    Hmmm ... I heard something about all of a sudden in some parts of the world that all of a sudden about a thousand years ago lifeform fossiles appear in rock and stuff.

::cough::

What about fossils and things predating that by thousands and millions of years? There may be some creation science -- but there's far more scientific evidence to counter the recent creation science....
    While I could really care less if the earth is millions of years old or only 8000-12,000 yers old (it's really irrelevant to my salvation), I do have a comment about this. I remember reading some papers about 5 years ago that discussed the carbon dating process and how they thought it wasn't really reliable. They dated a live penguin and received results saying that the creatures was several thousand years old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dupe
    Last edited by creole; Aug 6, 2001 at 14:23.

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just me or did the post count drop in this thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    revilre must have pissed someone off pretty bad for them to delete his posts.

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he deleted them himself. Is that possible, I know I can delete my own posts, can others as well?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is a bug.

I deleted ONE post, which was my last one. I admit I got carried too far away in it, so I deleted it. However for some reason now ALL of my posts are gone.
    signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange. Is there anyway to recover the posts that have been lost?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by freddydoesphp
    In your made up world we are all going to burn in this so-called place hell, which again doesn't even exist. Its a damn metaphorical word, for the act of dying and being buried.
    hmmm...

If I believe in the Bible, which I do, it says that Hell is a place of eternal damnation and torment. It is not simply a metaphor for dying.

2 Peter 2:4
    For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;

Luke 12:5
    "But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!

Revelation 21:8
    "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

I don't have the time right now to look up more (or explain them in greater detail), but these verses are clearly speaking of a place and not just a state of mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's weird considering I've tried to delete my own posts before and have gotten a "not authorized" error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freddy...vB states the you take chances when deleting posts. It can cause more than that post to be deleted. That is what it appears has happened.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks as though you are correct. It does appear as though I am the victim of bad programming

Just not as bad as a lot of stuff.

This is really disappointing though, I had a good 2 pages of stuff in here.
    signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    delemtri, I just deleted a post of mine, so it definately is allowed.

Why would it delete all posts sometimes, and other times do what it is supposed to do? That is weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe it is a sign!

j/k, lol

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy, again the prerequisite for this, is that I believe the bible to be the truth, which I do not. I took my information from the actual Greek definition of the word Hell. Which comes from Hades, or Sheol (sp) which stemmed from a mythological word. It used to be refer to the area south of town where everyone dumped their garbage. But what it really means from Greek translation is a the state that one is delivered into once they die and are buried.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Chris, sometimes it doesn't let you delete your own post at all.
    signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right Louie...I understand. I did state at the beginning of that post:
    "If you believe the Bible to be true, which I do..."

There were actually other "names" for Hell as well, Hades, Gehenna, Sheol, etc...

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know these guys could be as full of you know what as I, but I find interesting none the less.

http://www.what-the-hell-is-hell.com/HellSiteIntro.htm