SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help!! PHP WIN2000 install probs

Help; I'm having trouble installing PHP on my Win2000 Prof machine. I managed to get the ISAPI version installed but when I click on a PHP file, it does not load. I can get phpinfo.php to load if i type http://localhost/phpinfo.php but if I press the refresh button I get a 404 response.

Also I tried the GCI version and get exactly the same probs as above. My main concern is that I cannot juct click on a php file to load it so that I can check it out. Even if I go through the file/open from the file menu, only some of my php pages load.

I also have the same problem with ASP files which is why I decided to go over to PHP. I just could not get any ASP files to load into my browser, windows ask's me if I want to save the file or open it. If I elect to open it windows opens my copy of dreamweaver.

Could the problem with PHP files be associated with the ASP problems?

Oh, I can only get phpinfo to load up from the address bar if phpinfo.php is in my root directory of IIS5.

Do I have to save all my developement/experiments with PHP in the root directory? Also if I copy php files into the root directory, only some of them load.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nick.

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you have to have your php scripts in your web root, in order to view them and yes you have tyo call them through http://localhost, you CANNOT use File > Open. PHP needs a web server to parse the page.
    Please don't PM me with questions.
    Use the forums, that is what they are here for.