SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast sitecritique's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steady community... Growth just too slow!

Hello!

I've been building my community at www.sitecritique.net for 3 years. I get a good amount of paid members, and a good amount of free members, but it's just not as fast a growth cycle as I'd like.

Basically, members submit their websites for review and critique by other members.. we have awards, etc for the best performing sites. You must review 10 other sites to submit your own, unless you pay the one time fee, and then get instant submission.

I have forums and articles as well, all original. My question is.. how can i get more people to my site? I do adwords and it results in a few more paid subscriptions.. what do you guys have in mind????

Thanks

SiteCritique
    http://www.sitecritique.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been a member for some time now... WiredPages... is my submission. SiteCritique is a great concept and I have found some really great submissions. Also have you listed on my forum... Good luck...

Q...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I have in mind is post exchanges -- engage in post exchanges with other webmasters in the same niche.

Not only does engaging in post exchanges with other webmasters help with content, it can also help bring in new members.

How? Advertise your site in your signature (if it's allowed) on their forum and make useful posts, and people will recognize you and will probably run over to your site

Has worked for me since day 1.
    Love pets? Why not discuss virtual pets?
    Contact me on Twitter @cpvr

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our users have posted a total of 335 articles
    We have 7050 registered users

This is indeed a problem. You have a huge number of members but they are non posters. Try to make the forums more custom as looks. You are using a default theme, it's not a good idea. Try to make it more personal and people will recognize the community easier ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for you to start some advertising campaigns for your forums. Textlink spots are cheap and easily available.
    Inspireo Media - Solutions for a brilliant web presence
    Hollywood Fashion Tape from Orinity.com