SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why does look change according to browser?

My page, http://www.unlimitedwealth.biz/update.html has a gray table at the bottom of it. I notice that the table looks perfect using IE, in terms of its white border. But in Netscape, the border is no longer white. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different browsers render HTML differently. You have bigger problems than that though. The page doesn't fit an 800x 600 resolution!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I see, but can people with that small of a screen use the horizontal scrollbar. Or, is there something else I should do?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeurtnowski
    Yes I see, but can people with that small of a screen use the horizontal scrollbar. Or, is there something else I should do?
    I'd make those menu buttons much smaller - they are taking up just too much real estate in my opinion.

If you removed the border property on that grey table and used css to assign borders, it would look the same cross browser.

Nadia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeurtnowski
    IMO, horizontal scrollbar = bad design. A designer that's doing his job should produce a siite that look goods at just about any screen resolution and with any browser and on any platform. I agree with Nadia P that those buttons are waaay too big. That's a place to start. Then consider making part of the page fluid so it will expand/contract to fit various sizes.