SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firefox Blank Screen

Last night my Firefox stopped working properly, no matter what url I try to go to all I get is a blank white page and ďdoneĒ in the status bar. It seems to have started after a windows update (Iím using XP). This has never happened to me before, and Iíve been using FF since V1.0. Any ideas what caused this or how I can fix it? All I have found on the Mozilla forum is a suggestion that it could be a firewall issue, but my firewall is still turned off. I hope someone can help, Iíve gone back to IE and its not a nice feeling!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try to reinstall your firefox...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried that... didn't work. But then I tried deleting the profiles folder (this didn't happen during uninstall), that seems to have done the trick.
    To do this, browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR_USERNAME]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox" and delete the "Profile" folder. NOTE: This will delete all of your profiles and installed extensions/themes. Relaunch Firefox. This will create a new default profile.
    Last edited by dreado; Sep 15, 2005 at 13:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Firefox, Mozilla releases to fix bugs

maybe this link can help...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar problem when I downloaded the latest FF and couldn't get it to work after that. I found out that it was my Norton Firewall that decided it wasn't going to play well with the update. The firewall says it is set to 'permit all' for FF but obviously is not permitting something.

I uninstalled FF, for now, until I have the time to waste messing with Norton Tech Support.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The firewall was the firefox killer

I had the same weird issue: open firefox, webpage won't load, and the status reads "Done." Trying to type anything in the address bar got me nowhere. All links were dead.

Thank you for suggesting that the firewall might be blocking it. Once I disabled it, FF came right back to life. If you use FF for everything like I do, a little panic attack sets in!