SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reciprocal Link database? Advice needed

I am very much in favour of exchanging links with other webmasters to gain popularity...ok...seems fair

but what i have problems with is keeping a record of who and what i've said to people and whether they want to exchange links or havent replied to my invite.

What I really want is if anyone has created a little database, can you give some hints/tips

i.e.Name, Email, url, Yes/No for a reply, date last sent

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's just for your own records, a simple Access database would probably suffice for keeping track of contacts and progress.

Date you could keep could include contact name, e-mail, website, reply received (yes/no), link aquired (yes/no), incoming link url etc, basically everything about the link exchange that you want to keep track of.

You could even use memo fields to keep copies of the e-mails you sent too. A seperate table would work for this, and using a relational database model you could link the e-mails to specific contacts.

Using a query or filter you could then bring up summary lists of people you've not received responses from, sites that have agreed to but haven't linked back yet, etc. You could then take this a step further and use mail merges to bulk e-mail say, all the people who've not replied, all the people who've linked back etc, just by using queries.

The only limiting factor here is your skills with Access and your imagination

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)