Thread: Need some help

Marketing Guru ;) Johan Malmberg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some help

Hi,

I have been working with my site, www.liutilities.com ,some time now but I am not selling as much I think I can. My visitors are very targeted. I receive around 300 unique/day but only sells 1-2 products/day. What do you think of my mainpage? Do you want to buy my product if you read it?
    I am running out of ideas so some help would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johan,

I really like the site design but you should make clear that
    your product is for Win98/ME/Win2000 and not only
    Win2000 (this information is kind of hard to find).

Lars
    The American Store for Comics and Graphic Novels.
    All items are 10%-50% OFF. Flat-Rate Shipping. Previews!
    NEW: Additional 5% OFF, use coupon "SP"

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johan,

Just my opinion:

Spice up the site w/some graphics and photos, just 1 or two but add some energy to your text-heavy pages.

I strongly suggest you invest in a professional copywriter or get to your local library and check out some books on writing ad copy and marketing - its a highly specialized skill, but one worth its weight in gold (literally) if you learn it.

You start your main copy by saying, "Give me," ewww.... bad - the viewer doesn't want to give you anything, they're there because they want to GET! Get something from you, get a solution to their troubles, get a good value. But definitely NOT give!

Underneith you confuse features with benifits (e.g. How YOU can benefit ...here are some of the features). A product's features are what it special things about the product (User-friendly interface). Benefits are "what problems does it solve for the customer" (Increase the response from your programs). Customers are interested first in benefits - they want something that solves their problems.

Write in an active voice (not, "By using WinTasks 2000, you can make your programs respond more quickly" instead "WinTasks 2000 quickens response," or better yet "WinTasks 2000 lights a fire under your computers response time!" ). Use mental images - paint 'em a picture.

Make sure the benefits you're selling are the ones that customers want to buy. (e.g. you're selling, "Learn how Windows really work. ...you will feel more comfortable using it." IMHO I'd think most customers don't really care how Window works, they just want it to work faster!!!)

Marketing and sales are on-going skills that will take a life time to develop. Your ads and promotions should always be a work in progress - tweak a sentance here, change a word there, then MEASURE HOW THE CHANGES AFFECT SALES! Then go back and do it again.

Hope you don't find my feedback to blunt, and remember its just my opinion - take it with a grain of salt

Best wishes for big sales!
    Total Life Success - Don't give in. Succeed. (tm)

Total Life Success Forums - the Web's Leading
    Success Community™

Marketing Guru ;) Johan Malmberg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can I find a professional copywriter? And how much would it cost?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick tip to make your site more userfriendly would be to fix that navigation at the top of the page. It works ok but you have to be hovering over the cell and not the text. try and get it so when you hover over the text it works as well.

The site design is allot like the style of microsoft sites, maybe it would give your customers more assuance and respect if you had a truely unique design(i hope im not being to harsh here). my first impression was that it looked like a microsoft site which it clearly isn't.

Just my opinion

Thanks,
    Phil G
    http://v-sector.com - Webhosting $7.95
    http://v-resources.com - Free Webmaster Resources
    http://v-redirect.com - Free URL Redirection

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only say what my impression as an average consumer is.
    I find it defensive, ". By using WinTasks 2000, you can make your programs respond more quickly. Instead of buying a faster CPU or more memory, try using WinTasks 2000."
    You use words like CAN and Try.I think it´s a lot better to take away those words, it looks to me like You don´t really believe in Your own product.Be more offensive.Also I´m not sure that people buy this 50% off thing at least not if You don´t give them a good reason for the pricecut
    From a fellow Swede

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copywriters

A good copywriter can range from $200-$1000 US, with most in the $200-500 range for a coupla page ad. You should be able to find a good copywriter for $200-300 - not much if they generate thousands of dollars of ads.

I'd imagine there are a few good ones here on the board - try posting in the "trade" forums trading something for someone to write copy.

Another resource is this marketing board: http://ablake.net/forum/index.cgi

It seems to be a legitamate marketing board and I've seen names recommended there for copywriting.

As always, ask for samples of their work, preferably samples that have been used. Be specific about what you need (# of words, type of ad, hoped for effect) and how much you'll pay. Deal with them.
    Total Life Success - Don't give in. Succeed. (tm)

Total Life Success Forums - the Web's Leading
    Success Community™