0 Thread(s)

Oops wrong place

Oops meant to post a new thread sorry

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a list of sites that have used the Ezula/TopText link virus advertising.

http://www.ipagedir.com/ezula/

I am just reading up on all this. I have just emailed every one of the advertisers listed on that page to make a complaint. I suggest the entire population of internet users do similar.

I am about to go and read the threads on this over at gethighforums and geekvillage. I really believe that everything possible needs to be done by users to create a user movement against this.

1) Where possible, detect the various link viruses on the client using JavaScript and redirect your users to a page explaining that they have a link virus on their PC and point them to some sites that explain how to remove them.

2) Put something into your terms of service that prohibits the user from adding/removing/changing links using link viruses. Don't know what good this would do, but it would not hurt to sure up your terms of service (after all, a sensible interpretetation of copyright law would already prohibit link virus IMHO).

3) PROTEST!!! Email everyone, including the Pope and tell them you are mad and you are not going to take it any more!