User Tag List

Thread: Php & Xml

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Php & Xml

Hey all! Since an anonymous data transfer directly into a database is not allowed, I need to know the best way to get data from a file (uploaded by a remote application) into the MySQL database. I've been told that XML would work best for this. Are there any sample scripts that do this? The following explains what will happen with the whole process:

I have an application (a game launcher) that resides on a remote computer. Once a game is finised, it creates a binary file that is transferred by FTP to the server. The application itself will encrypt and decrypt the file for security purposes. Once on the server, would I be able to use XML to read the values from the file and then use PHP to populate the database? I know PHP fairly well but have no clue about XML, really. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, sorry this isn't a direct answer to your question, but I haven't used XML yet myself. I will be needing to in a couple of months time for a project, so I will watch this thread. (Specifically, I will be needing to import the quasi-XML like data of DMOZ into MySQL).

Anyway, I've noticed that devshed.com have lots of info on using PHP & XML
    http://www.devshed.com/Client_Side/XML/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also there articles about xml at phpbuilder.com and zend.com