User Tag List

Thread: Zonify

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zonify

A few weeks ago one of our fellow SPF members, Zonify, started a beta campaign for his new advertising network. I signed up and placed the banners on my website and I would receive a daily commission report. Everything was going fine and I received my reports timely for several days.

But throughout the last week or so, I haven't received any commission reports, nor have I seen Zonify online via AIM. Last night a friend told me that he had just visited my site and was bombarded with about 4 pop-ups. I asked someone else about my site and they had the same result. Next I tried and ended up with "free offers" and "great offers" all over my screen.

Needless to say, I immediately removed the advertising code until I found out what was going on. Has anyone else tried the beta program and received similar results?
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be pretty weary in participating in such "beta" services that you stay in contact with through IM. I guess you got what you asked for!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, dear friend:

Hi, dear friend:

If you want to earn commission from a banner, it is not a good idea, the banner click rate is about 100:1, it means your banner show 100 times, just one click in, and the one maybe just take a look, then go away.

I think you should understand you site, and put a related affiliate link on your page, you'd better write some descriptions about the link, let visitors to buy something from the link. If you do like that, and you also have a good content of your site, I bet, you will make a deal even you just have 100 visitors.
    Last edited by Lihongjun; Jul 27, 2001 at 23:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry -_-

Rkuhle,

About a week ago I offered all affiliates to be under a .17 cpm program that payed net 30.

I also stated that the ads you were currently running had pops in them with that email.

I am very sorry for not sending daily stats. My comp has been screwed up for the last 5 days that is why you have not received emails from me.

The campaign you are running was not the beta test for Zonify as we believe pop-ups in a banner ad are ridiculous especially for low .22 cpm's. The campaign you are running is from Media Devil... We never knew it had pop-ups when we signed the contract and that campaign was just to help Media Devil sell their inventory. If you want feel free to never use that code as I wouldn't either.

My comp is fine now and you can use Zonify itself and signup there.

The campaign you are running is very bad and I am unpleased. I will however have logins within a week and stats sent by monday. I am very very sorry.

Also Zonify itself does have logins and stats online.

Aakshay
    Last edited by Zonify; Jul 28, 2001 at 01:26.
    Aakshay Kripalani
    Marketing Director
    Zonify Advertising Network - http://www.zonify.com

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marc,

Sometimes that's true, others it isn't. I have many GREAT relationships with people who I have only spoke with through IM. Also, sometimes participating in "beta", for lack of better terms, can prove to be beneficial. I could either have tried the system and possibly make a couple bucks (nothing to lose) or I could have completely ignored it because of its premature state and gain nothing. Obviously, if I had my banner inventory sold I never would have tried this system. Risk, makes life interesting.

Zonify,

What email are you referring to? This is the only email I've received from you (besides stats):
    Code:
    We have the code ready and the stats will be available monday.  They will be updated daily (possibly realtime)  Please add the code asap.  this campaign is for .25 cpm and a .22 cpm minimum if your ctr is below a .10.  Please notify me when ya add it =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email...

Let me look real quick...
    Also as I said this is through Media Devil and as you I have been upset. They didn't even give me a login after I requested one 5 times! They finally said they were updating to SpinBox 3 and I would have logins soon...

Now to find that email =)

For all of you who either got deleted from the cpm campaign or do not like it due to its pop-ups, Zonify will finally be opening. We will be running CPC to CPM campaigns and everyone can check out our rates as well as sign-up if you'd like. Please visit www.zonify.com for more details.

Aakshay Kripalani
    Zonify Advertising Network
    770-413-7506
    770-413-6170

I sent it to everyone who was running that specific campaign so I don't know why you did not get it. I even see that I sent it to your email... Oh well...

<Edit>I Forgot to mention that email was sent 7/20 which would be the exact date Zonify opened =)</edit>
    Last edited by Zonify; Jul 28, 2001 at 09:41.
    Aakshay Kripalani
    Marketing Director

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is your site new?

how about your server speed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zonify opened 7/20.

As to our servers we have 4 currently but are running off of 1. We will have logins similar to that of Dimeclicks with server 1, server 2, server 3, etc.

Each of our servers have a Pentium 3 p33 mhz processor, 20 gig IBM HD (I missed out on the SCSI's), and 1 gig of ram.

Listen I know that because we are new people tend to be wary but I can assure you that atleast in this post we will pay and keep our servers at top notch levels. I am trying my best to make everything work.

If anyone wants to join please do as we need publishers.
    Thanks
    Aakshay Kripalani
    Marketing Director

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zonify,

I just checked out your website and noticed that your first line reads:
    Zonify Ad Network is by far one of the best ad networks around.

You might consider omitting that sentence or reword it. IMO, it sounds pretty fake, anyone can say they are the best at anything. I'm the best dancer in town! But I can guarantee you that my friends will have a different story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why?...

I do believe Zonify is one of the best Ad Network especially for being as new as it is. If your opinion is different than that is fine.

I am not out to start arguments so I wont, but either way I am entitled to an opinion and no matter ow good Zonify will be someone can always say it is the worst.
    Aakshay Kripalani
    Marketing Director

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zonify -- that line DOES sound fake and takes away from your professionality.
    Dan Ushman <dan@ratestar.net>
    Make Money or Advertise on dkAds Network - www.dkAds.com

List your hosting company or find a web host on www.HostingCatalog.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you guys have a point... It has been changed.
    Aakshay Kripalani
    Marketing Director

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hi, dear friend:

Originally posted by Lihongjun
    Hi, dear friend:

If you want to earn commission from a banner, it is not a good idea, the banner click rate is about 100:1, it means your banner show 100 times, just one click in, and the one maybe just take a look, then go away.

I think you should understand you site, and put a related affiliate link on your page, you'd better write some descriptions about the link, let visitors to buy something from the link. If you do like that, and you also have a good content of your site, I bet, you will make a deal even you just have 100 visitors.
    The banner click through rate is actually significantly lower than 1:100 (1%.) Most people will get a click through rate of about half of one percent, or 1 click for every 200 impressions.

Most conversion rates are even lower, for every 500 clicks one sale is made, not to good.

Of course we can generate significantly higher CTR's by using high-CTR banners. For example: a recent campaign on my network, dkAds, generated close to 2% CTR using a well designed creative, and another CPM based campaign is also generating close to 2% using a similar creative.

It all comes down to the creativity and skill of the artist designing the creative to be used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ratestar - you may have a banner with good click through but your rate is so low that the lower click through banner pays more. I can have a $.10 CPC banner that gets one click in 200 and I get a dime or I can have your high click through banner which gets 4 clicks in 200 and get $.04.

zonify - best of luck. I may check you out once you get going. We're looking at filling a lot of impressions in August.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of our publishers are being paid 2 cents a click right now, only a few are still on our starting payment plan as they have negotiated their own plans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense RateStar but isn't that a bit low?... I mean they can go to bulkclicks for $.05 cpc or allclicks for $.03 cpc... I don't mean to be rude I just feel that your rates are still very very low even for these times.

Also (off topic) but do you know a guy named Russ Reuden? I wont explain who he is but do you know him?
    Aakshay Kripalani
    Marketing Director

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zonify:

Russ is a sales guy for dkAds, hes a nice guy and a good sales man.

Our rates are a bit low, but they are going up (slowly), though.

Regards,
    Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we talking about the same Russ? And it is good to hear that rates are going up...
    Aakshay Kripalani
    Marketing Director

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Russ Reuden, russ@ratestar.net, listed on Http://dkads.com/about.shtml

Zonify: any more questions about Russ please E-mail me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ratestar: Nothing against your ad service as I think it's great fellow members lanches such huge projects

But I can't understand why anyone would run banner ad campaigns paying 1-2 cents a click. I could design my own banner with All Clicks and get a higher click through rate and pay rate without too many problems.

But it's good to hear your rates will go up, that means you have so far succeed