SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSL problems with AOL

I developed a site for a client that uses SSL for their credit card transactions on their site. We recently figured out all AOL users are getting errors when trying to process their payment over the SSL. Has anyone else had this issue? Is this a server issue, cert issue or just plain old AOL sucks issue?

Here is the error...

The web site you have requested may be experiencing technical difficulties due to a busy or broken server. Please try again by clicking the <http://www.orlandofreeairporttohotelshuttle.com/cc.php#> Reload icon on your navigation bar or, if that doesn't work, you may want to return to the site at a later time.
    504 Connection Timed Out

TIA!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very surpised no one as anything to add to this. Do people just not worry about AOL?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had this.

Who is your cert. issuer? I have comodos certs that have trouble with this, but it is not all of the time. It only happens on occassion lately.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjman
    Who is your cert. issuer? I have comodos certs that have trouble with this, but it is not all of the time. It only happens on occassion lately.
    GeoTrust..We thought we fixed the issue the other day but now we had the same issue with a non AOL user....argh.