Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Operation Truth .Net

I would appreciate any thoughts on operationtruth.net

I've been getting mixed opinions from people, so I'm curious what the sitepoint crowd has to say. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi -
    Simple, clean, decent coding...looks good!
    My only suggestion would be to jazz up the logo - give it a bit bolder header, or perhaps [gasp!] a color.

Nice,
    El
    F-Fox 2.0 :: WIN :: el design :: US

Simulation Cricketer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the logo is fine they way it is, possibly make the Google Adsense unit in the top right a little wider. Maybe a 428x90 and center it between the end of the logo and the right of the page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didnt like the colour scheme on the site i thought it was very grey and didnt really make me want to view the site more.

I dont think the navigation works well once you click a link the whole navigation goes small and then big.

I like your logo it is simple but effective.

Not much to say on this site overall rating: 4/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00_heaven
    I dont think the navigation works well once you click a link the whole navigation goes small and then big.
    I'm not sure I follow what you mean by the whole navigation goes small then big....

also, thanks for the input so far. I agree that it could use a little bit of color. But I also want to keep the simple look. I'm trying to find/make a nice grapic or picture to add to the front page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont like color scheme. It too simple for my taste.
    But good coding.

best regards
    Nemanja
    Last edited by nemanja_nq; Aug 28, 2005 at 10:23.
    Nemanja - xhtml/css coder PM or
    gtalk/gmail: nemanja.sreckovic [AT] gmail [DOT] com
    custom website design fascikla.com hotradar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the color scheme, and I love simplicity so that makes it better. My only suggestion is that you make your Links open in a new window, instead of making users eseentially "ditch" your site.

You probably know how but,
    Code:
      <a href='#' target='_blank'>
    Content Slave

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its simple yet effective. I like the logo. Theres not really much else to say about the site. I dont suggest changing it because it is good and I like the layout. I hope this helps you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mm...i think site design & colour scheme is preaty simple but it can be customized by mixing it with some more colours...logo is nice Overall content is just to the point...good..just a little bit more work will make it perfect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I like it, both the layout and the color. But perhaps you can put a maximum width for the content because it's a bit difficult to read the long lines of text at 1152x864 resolution.

Btw, you have an interesting concept there. Will you post the answer to the contest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battra
    Btw, you have an interesting concept there. Will you post the answer to the contest?
    I would post, but we've only had 1 entrant!!! So after I get some more entries, I plan on posting the answer.

also dbeeman, thanks for the ideas, I'll be sure to check out www.Good-Tutorials.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

I really like the concept of your site as well as the design. I like the smooth clean gray look you've got going but maybe adding a little more blue to the details or possibly your css scrollbar couldn't hurt. Also maybe tiny little sqaure images with rollover effects linking to certain news features from the front page. I think that'd add a heck of a lot & fit into the geometric design. I hope I helped. I'd check out www.Good-Tutorials.com to find some neat tutorials on digital effects. It's where I learn everything myself.
    - Visit DreamDivine.net for more Free Webmaster Resources.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a fan of clean and sites without much ornementation. However, having said that, I thought it could use a little touch of color, just to make it less monochromatic. Possibly just on the logo, name, links or whatever you want to stand out.

Other than that, the layout is great.

Artimesia

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to simple and plain.. not really attracting .. needs oclor to catch the eye...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it. Nice and clean. Easy to get around. The ads do not get in the way. Nice job!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is a little depressing.

Clean though, but it needs a little colour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave the links some color as suggested, still could be seen as 'depressing,' but it's a start I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and clean - seems to lack content if anything. You don't go to the site thinking it's a 'happening' place, but that's easily changed.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FTIGraphix
    Nice and clean - seems to lack content if anything. You don't go to the site thinking it's a 'happening' place, but that's easily changed.

I agree. The front page does not make it look like a happening place. But at the same time I like the look of it.

SitePoint Enthusiast heavysystems's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design scheme overall (non-threatening colors, clean design), but I do agree that it needs to be "spruced" up a bit. It looks almost too simple.
    Professional Web Hosting
    Encrypted Email, PHP, MySQL, Apache w/SSL

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the concept of the site
    Colors
    They're so boring, try to experiment with the colors & add some new colors, it is to "gray"
    Navigation
    Nice navigation, but maby you can try to put the forum navigation also on the front page? I would also try to put the forum on the frontpage, the text on the frontpage is nice, but I don't think everybody wants to read it everytime again.
    Logo
    I think it's to simple & ... to gray maby you can try to add some more colors?
    Other
    I like the "Most Recently Discussed Topics:" maby you can put some more on the frontpage? Maby you can also add a bottom navigation? Yahoo ads are well placed

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorisvdb
    I like the concept of the site
    Colors
    They're so boring, try to experiment with the colors & add some new colors, it is to "gray"
    Navigation
    Nice navigation, but maby you can try to put the forum navigation also on the front page? I would also try to put the forum on the frontpage, the text on the frontpage is nice, but I don't think everybody wants to read it everytime again.
    Logo
    I think it's to simple & ... to gray maby you can try to add some more colors?
    Other
    I like the "Most Recently Discussed Topics:" maby you can put some more on the frontpage? Maby you can also add a bottom navigation? Yahoo ads are well placed

I agree about adding more of the recently discussed topics to the front page.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    index.php :
    you can change the header's background colour to white (as like the forum) so your logo do not appears a white rectangle

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is simple, easy to use, and clean, albeit pretty plain looking. There's not really anything to catch anybody's attention right at first glance until the introduction is read; I'd recommend coming up with either catchy tagline that has to do with the site, or an enticing graphic or front page layout.

Also, the typography could use some TLC - in most cases, it's simply too wide for comfortable reading. I'd highly recommend reading Mark Boulton's Five Simple Steps to Better Typography series. It's a boon to web designers!

Good work though, it's always a great accomplishment to get a solid website online!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting site!
    7/10