SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can v increase the Querystring value limit?

hi
    can v increase the Querystring value limit? right now if iam not wrong the querystring takes only 1024 characters. is there a way in the IIS to increase this value or is this browser depended? if its browser depended? can we write a code in asp to increase those value???

early reply very much appreciated.
    Happy Coding!!!
    Bruce Lee.

SitePoint Addict Richard Conyard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK you can't, even if you could you wouldn't want to on IIS because of potential browser incompatibilities.

Why not POST your details if you're collecting from a form and avoid the limit. If it's a link then I don't know why you'd need to go about that limit in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Conyard
    AFAIK you can't, even if you could you wouldn't want to on IIS because of potential browser incompatibilities.

Why not POST your details if you're collecting from a form and avoid the limit. If it's a link then I don't know why you'd need to go about that limit in the first place.
    the programms are already written using get method. iam finding short way of sloving things. i have to change and recheck many files to implement POST method. But strangly in the development server it works fine.

i mean the length of the querystring is bit more but still works so i am curious of there is any settings to change the limit.
    Happy Coding!!!
    Bruce Lee.