SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist lance_vincent's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Configure MySQL Properly

Hi everyone!! ive got another stupid problem for you, of course im not hoping to get stupid answers, hehe.

im new to our company, and they require us to use phpdev, its an installer complete with apache, php and mysql. of course i can work with that, im a web progammer, and i know how to install apache php and mysql separately. now the problem with this installer is that all is preconfigured, and im not very good at configuring everything it has.

Usually i use mysql query browser and administrator when working, its where i try my sql first, before placing it in my php code, its hard troubleshooting sql statements in code if you know what i mean.

but these two doesnt work, just like when i try using them for mysql 5. we are using mysql 4 right now. i have installed query browser, butwhen i load it, it halts, and you know the rest. it doesnt detect any database, i cant even configure it.

please help me, especially those ofyou who knows phpdev.

thanbk a lot everyone, hoping to save my skin!!

reads the ********* Crier silver trophybronze trophy longneck's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance_vincent
    but these two doesnt work, just like when i try using them for mysql 5. we are using mysql 4 right now. i have installed query browser, butwhen i load it, it halts, and you know the rest. it doesnt detect any database, i cant even configure it.
    i don't understand this part. are you saying that when you start query browser it just locks up?

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea why you are even touching MySQL 5 right now. Which makes me wonder...are you using MySQL 4, or MySQL 4.1? What version of PHP is included in your binary?
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by longneck
    i don't understand this part. are you saying that when you start query browser it just locks up?
    what i mean is that when using phpdev, i cant make mysql query browser and mysql administrator to work. they can be installed and launch, but when it lauches, it halts for some reason.

reads the ********* Crier silver trophybronze trophy longneck's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just downloaded phpdev and installed query browser. i get an access violation. it seems to "halt" query browser.

i suggest posting to the support forum for phpdev: http://www.firepages.com.au/FUD/index.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats one idea, but that will take long, im not used to using phpmyadmin, it sucks, well a little, but im having a hard time. im more comfortable using GUI's a little bit. query browsers even has a built in mysql help, hehehe, guess thats our only option, lets better write them both, the more the complaints, the faster the response right.

oh yeah, were using phpdev with a mysql database 3.someting, boring, i couldnt even use its relational database feature, the company wouldnt shift to the newer version, their used to the old one, hehehe, darn.

oh yeah.. thanks pal!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive tried posting in the forums about the complaint, but they havent seem to configure it properly, there echoes several lines of mysql_error(), funny... hehhee