SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 problems in IE, fine in FF

I'm using IE 6 with Service Pack 1, so not sure if it looks different in SP2, but would like it to look right in both. Okay, here is my site. In FF it looks perfect, which is what I use, just how I want it. But there are two problems in IE. It was working fine in IE on another layout.

1. The banner doesn't cut off in IE like it does in FF, so you get the horizontal scroll bar, which messes with the css and javascript layout a bit. I tried making the image the background with no repeat, but since the middle content area is relative in position, it just stays at the top.

2. The middle content area doesn't align properly like the FF version. It looks to be slightly to the right and down to me.

I css is included in the source for now so you guys can see it. I appreciate any help I can get, thanks!
    Half way to nowhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason why the banner doesnt cut off in Firefox is because you are viewing the layout in 1024x768 resolution and Firefox doesnt have those little bars on the right and left side like IE does. Try decreasing the Firefox window size and see what happens. Instead of displaying a 1024 pixels wide image, create a div that stretches to the width of the screen with that image as its background. Then it will be viewable in all resolutions without the horizontal scrollbar.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still can't get either working, I put my image in a div, but it still scrolls in IE and now the middle content area is stuck at the top in both, instead of aligned across the top with the other two. Is there something wrong with my navBanner code (in the source code)?
    Half way to nowhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No no no. I meant create a div and using CSS, set the background to your header image with the width at 100% and height at whatever the height of the image is.
    Code:
    #navBanner
    {
      width: 100%;
      height: 181px;
      background-image: url(taffy3.jpg);
    }
    HTML Code:
    <div id="navBanner"></div>

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh, still having problems, for whatever reason, you only see a small top portion of the image in IE and nothing in FF. It is like the heigth rule isn't working, does something have to be in the div for it to stretch? Or is the margins i have set to the wrap class screwing something up? I only was using the class because the .content div wasn't working right until I added it.

This is the closest I can get to it working properly in IE and FF, but I want the banner to stretch. http://www.ilovetaffy.com/testingphase/columns.html
    Half way to nowhere

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, in IE the layout looks on par, but now I'm having an issue with FF. The banner is fine, I just used a table for the top. Now the middle content area doesn't keep the spacing like IE does. Any suggestions?

Solved it, thanks for the help.
    Last edited by atomicnuke; Aug 14, 2005 at 19:24.
    Half way to nowhere