SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help! connecting dos prompt to an ASP page

can you help me guys!

we are developing a system that we want to connect the Command Prompt to an ASP page simultaneously. like that on VB.

can it be possible?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what you mean here, if you want to open a dos prompt from an asp page then no! I'm pretty sure this isn't possible due to security settings, if you could open a dos prompt and run commands then you could do pretty much anything you wanted to the client's pc, including deleteing files etc.
    However if you want to run an ASP page from a dos prompt without opening a browser then you can use an app called WGET, http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/wgetwin.html this will allow you to 'RUN' webpages/scripts from a dos prompt, However what you should really do is convert your asp page into a window scripting host file .wsh and run that, The VBScript syntax is very similar and with a few tweaks to your code then you should be able to do whatever it is your doing with your asp page in a wsh script. Hope this helps, however i didn't really understand the question so if not you may want to repost clarifying what you mean.

SitePoint Addict Richard Conyard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wscript.shell