SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help needed please!!!

Hi there...I am trying to get just a simple site template setup, but can't seem to get the layers and buttons to align properly. I have posted a couple times to try and figure out how to do this, but apparently I am just braindead.
    Essentially what I am trying to do is have the banner image (should it be in a layer?) at the top, and then have the image (in a layer which is:visible) without the buttons right underneath it, looking like it is part of the banner, with a similar image on top of it that is invisible until someone moves the mouse over the image without the buttons...I hope I have made sense. I have two other posts about each separate part (that I obviously didn't follow properly!) which are within a page of this one on the ASP... forum. Also, it looks different in Netscape than it does in IE, but I don't know why it does....any help would be fantastic!
    http://www.accesswave.ca/~jleslie/

Cheers,

XGuy.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry, but not so familair with layers yet. I always use tables so far ;-)
    Your pictures are WAAAAY too big. Your page is about a MEG big. it took forever to pop it up. Convert the images to JPEG.
    I am sure some layer guru's in this forums can help you out!
    But I recommend to make the images smaller first, not averybody wants to wait more then a minute for the site to come up ;-)

Happy coding

EMB
    So never mind the darknes, we still can find the way. Cause nothin' last forever, even cold November rain.(Rose)

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Images

Hey there, I know about the images, but thanks...that is just how my boss made the banner image up, and it is really big. It is only a test site though, and the final draft will be in jpg format.
    Thanks!