SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pages jumping in IE

Ever since downloading IE6 (at least I think that's when it started) many pages will load, pop to the bottom and then jump back to the top.

It's not a major problem, but it is getting annoying when I'm reading a page before it fully loads and does this... I have to take some time to try to find where I was before the jump.

It *seems* to only do this with pages that have multiple tables, but I may be wrong.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it just an IE6 bug (it is still beta after all so I expected a few flaws)? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeh - I noticed that problem too with IE6, but thought it was just my 'quirky' system.....My hubby hasn't had any problems and he loaded IE6 when it was still beta, so I decided to let him test it before I upgraded!

It has done this "bouncy" thing almost daily no matter what site that I am on -- including even SitePoint!

Anything to do with the fact that on the IE homepage the text reads "Public Preview"?? And I doubt "You can experience the Web exactly the way that you want" -- rolling up and down isn't the way that I particularly want

At least IE6 now reloads when it has problems & has to shut down, although it doesn't go back to the page I was on!

As far as fixing this "bug" I am about ready to go back to version IE5.5 as I didn't have nearly as many weird things happening as I do now.....WebKat
    Dlynn :: SitePoint Senior Advisor ::
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Dogs come when they're called; Cats take a message and get back to you later." ~ Mary Bly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that's what you get for downloading betas. But really, I have this same problem when I use Mozilla, it's quite annoying, but I do not know anything you can do to prevent it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, at least I know I hadn't messed up a setting somewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure

I havn't got that exact problem, BUT.
    Sometimes when im using IE5.5 it takes on a life of it's own. When i scroll down, it automatically starts scrooling back up to the top (unless you take you mouse off the sroll bar). It is probly some key i accedently hit to turn it on, any suggestions of what might cause it?