SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thedesignworld
    The first site I started was a skateboard site called LoserLabeled.com. I created this at the time because I was skating AM for a few companies and wanted a site that I could show my videos from aswell as make a local skateboard team.
    you where not AM....

SitePoint Member thedesignworld's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea man i skated for sucks skateboards and breez skateshop.

you should know this from the custom skateboards flash site i made for ya!
    Music Videos - A to Z Music Videos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm jealous of the smart little buggers. I am almost 21 and racing to catch up on all these damned languages!
    Alot wrong with the young today. I was studying youth work until I realised I didn't have enough life-skills to help others yet. That's what few kids realise today, they need to grow up and that takes time.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ses5909
    No matter your age.. its important to have a pretty balanced lifestyle. Being stuck inside all day on a computer isn't good whether you are 10 or 50. We all need some sort of balance.
    That's so true

Quote Originally Posted by ses5909
    I'm pretty impressed by some of the younger people on this forum..
    I'm pretty well impressed by some of the much older people on this forum (for instance, Rudy aka r937) and not only in here (for instance, Chris Date, Joe Celko, Jeffrey Ullman, Ivar Jackobson, Grady Booch, Kent Beck, Alistair Cockburn and so on), and not impressed at all by most of the people who's below 30 especially by myself

Ex-SitePointer silver trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Internet communities such as this are a great equalizer. We receive help here from ses5909 or joe1341243 or iFroggy or StupidDoofus or whatever and as we are not seeing them face to face, we do not make the distinction of them being older or younger than us - we simply judge them on the help that they provide and the demeanor that they present thru their words in their posts. Where you may not look two seconds at that guy walking down the street that is 10 years older or younger than you, that guy might just be helping you online tomorrow. You are helped by older people and younger people and you are helped well and that is one of the great beauties of Internet communities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been worken online since I was 15. Im 18 now. I had a really really average life. I ussaly work online late at night. Cas thats the only time I get. The rest of my day consists of worken at my job, or hanging out with my friends. I guess im a fast learner, but with a fun personal life... hehe

also, ryan, its called "flow", you skated on the flow teams, Am get paid to skate, pros get paid to skate and they also get there own skaeboard deck. the flow teams get hooked up with free products. hahahaha

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...the same thing can be said about kid geniuses...is it best to make them skip grades and apply to college at 15 or have a normal childhood by staying at their respective grade level?

its a complicated question...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im jealouse and wished I started php earlier..I did 3d animation but was way outclassed by the "maya" experts in the post production houses here..

Man i wish i was 15 again I would do so many things different, like learn maths..

Don't the youngies burn out quick and end up with rifles in tall buildings?
    Video-Tutes.com
    Web & Graphic design video tutorials
    100% free video tutorials.