SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Inspiron 700m for CAD $760 No Tax No S&H. Great deal?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great deal !!!

2 66.67%
  • Just average

1 33.33%
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inspiron 700m - Did I get a good deal?

Ok, I was looking at laptops to use during my trips to and from work, and since Dell had that $750 off deal, I have been almost obsessed with getting a laptop. The options that came up were:
    - Inspiron 700m
    - Inspiron 9300
    - Asus A71V

I didn't really plunge into any of them because I was still wary of parting with a few thousand bucks. But yesterday, I was just looking at Ebay and found this guy in Alberta selling 50 700m inspirons ending the same day. So I got home, discussed with my wife, and ended up getting an Inspiron 700m for CAD (Yes Canadian Dollars) $760 with NO Shipping fees. Now, I thought that was a good deal, as I won't have to pay taxes and any other fees since I'm in Canada too.

What do you guys think?

CAD $760 No Tax, No S&H : Dell Inspiron 700m P4M 1.6 MHz, 512 DDR 333, 40 Gb HD, 8x DVD +/- burner, Wireless B/G, Extended battery (not sure if I'm getting the larger capacity one.. if it is, then this would be awesome).
    My Blog: DR's Corner
    Random babble: TheCoolerZone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are always great deals with dell. A few weeks ago there was coupons for $1k off select laptops. So I'm going to have to say just average, b/c Dell runs these deals often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, Dell has these deals all the time, but even with the US $750 off last time, I couldn't get it lower than US$750 (+ tax etc would be more), and that was basic config with only 256 MB and no DVD burner.

I'm getting it for about US$600, no shipping, no tax + the burner and 512 RAM.

Where did you hear of the $1K off? That might have been where this guy got all 50 of them
    My Blog: DR's Corner
    Random babble: TheCoolerZone