SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting the bacground color of a row in DW + other stuff

Let's say I have a table with 1 row and 4 columns. Now I mark all the cells and set the bacground color for that 4 cells. DW then puts the color tag inside the <tr> tag and not inside each <td> tag.

There wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't using FP ocasionally (or one of my partners) and when I try to change the cell color in FP I can't because FP is not capable of doing it to <tr> tag but only to <td> tag.

Is there a way I could make DW set the color to each cell and not to the whole row or is there a way to make this work in FP?

Please don't suggest handcoding as that is what I am doing now when I want to work with FP and it drives me crazy.

Okay I have another one about DW. When I make a table I need to set the width of a cell with my hand to 100% when FP does that itself and when I split that cell FP knows how to split the width too when DW doesn't have a clue about that and instead of making two 50% width cells out of one 100% width cell it makes two 100% cells. How dumb is that?
    Cells need to have width set in order to be compatible in IE and NS enviroment and to work just like you want them to.

Do you have any solution to this two?

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hand code it.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of clicking on the border of the TR (at the left), try clicking and dragging through each cell. That technically would select the CELL instead of the ROW.

Now, having said that, let me ask you why you need to use both Dreamweaver and Frontpage. There is nothing that FP can do that DW can't. At some point you need to ask yourself if you are just making your job harder by pandering to a visual editor that can't even assign a background color to a TR tag. Especially since that is allowed in the HTML spec.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Creole, if you find that there are several people working on a project it makes things a lot easier if they all use the same packages.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True

Yes I am so aware of that. FP is a step or two behind DW. It gags on <? ?> tags in PHP so go figure...LOL... It can't open .php files so how could anyone even work with FP I ask myself. But there are people that do

I have person here that knows FP and barely any DW so I wanted to make it easy on him. Looks like nothing will come out of that.