SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast Layouts4free's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Money do you realy get to see it?

I was reading through the forum today and ended up purchasing a book from sitepoint. As I proceeded to fill out the order and payment forms it occurred to me that I never actually see the money I make.
    All profits and my pay goes into my paypal or bank accounts but never ends up as hard cash in my wallet.
    Every thing is purchased via paypal credit card or debit cards I actually forgotten what money looks likes.

Dose any one else here have the same problem?
    Will the world ever get to the point where no hard currency gets made?
    Will it all become a thing of the past and we have to use bankcards and credit cards and transfer our saving around from place to place instead of walking down to the shop and buying a product with actual cash?
    I give it 20 years lol what’s your thoughts?
    NPA Media Network
    Webmaster network with thousands of
    templates, logos, graphics, fonts and much more...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Live near a bunch of family-owned businesses and see how far you can get with a credit card.

I'd like to be completely cashless but it's not really possible with the businesses by my house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can see what you mean all the shops are bout 5 mins drive from my house nothing family owned around where i live any more.
    NPA Media Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that won't happen in our lifetimes. I mean, it will be more and more common as technology evolves, but it will take a long time. Now that I think about it, installing a credit card chip on every person's hand would be awesome. He could just go to a venging machine, show his hand and select a chocolate or something.

Then, also, that annoying time after waiting for the restaurant to give one a check could be eliminated. They give you some machine, you show your hand and boom no more pay time baby.

and if two people want to make a transfer they could just say some code, shake hands and boom money is transfered.

What an awesome imagination I've got. lol.
    ProxyTor - Submit your Proxy Site for free, fast.
    Parxy.com - Find a New Hobby!

ALT.NET - because we need it silver trophybronze trophy dhtmlgod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally live without cash. However, I lost my bank card three and half weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I've had three sent out! It's been a complete nightmare!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ngi112
    I think that won't happen in our lifetimes. I mean, it will be more and more common as technology evolves, but it will take a long time. Now that I think about it, installing a credit card chip on every person's hand would be awesome. He could just go to a venging machine, show his hand and select a chocolate or something.

Then, also, that annoying time after waiting for the restaurant to give one a check could be eliminated. They give you some machine, you show your hand and boom no more pay time baby.

and if two people want to make a transfer they could just say some code, shake hands and boom money is transfered.

What an awesome imagination I've got. lol.
    I like it !
    NPA Media Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you'd start getting crimes such as chopping hands off. I'd rather just get my cash stolen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technology will evolve enough to recognize whether the hand is intact or has been chopped off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhtmlgod
    I generally live without cash. However, I lost my bank card three and half weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I've had three sent out! It's been a complete nightmare!

I had the same thign happen with my ATM card. I hadn't lost it, and they sent it quickly, but they didn't send the PIN for another week or two. While it was in teh mail, I had them send three other PIN reminders.

I use cash a lot becuase I only have a crappy debit card (not a MasterCard or Visa Check Card).

Snowboarders die even younger igor.kudela's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love cash and i would probably not be working as much if it wasnt for REAL money
    Igor Kudela
    NetPublisher - FREE Customizable .NET CMS

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Layouts4free
    All profits and my pay goes into my paypal or bank accounts but never ends up as hard cash in my wallet.
    Every thing is purchased via paypal credit card or debit cards I actually forgotten what money looks likes.

Dose any one else here have the same problem?
    Will the world ever get to the point where no hard currency gets made?
    Will it all become a thing of the past and we have to use bankcards and credit cards and transfer our saving around from place to place instead of walking down to the shop and buying a product with actual cash?
    I give it 20 years lol what’s your thoughts?
    Yeah, I had that same idea a while ago. Everything becomes numbers on a bank sheet. When you don't see the money moving in and out each time it comes and goes, you value it less than what it really is. I think the reason it's so easy to get into credit card debt is that you don't have a final figure of the effect on your total cash position. I prefer paying for everything in cash, and it helps me know exactly where I stand before, during, and after every purchase, and helps me make more educated spending decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our city has something called Octopus cards, had it for years and years. Its size is about that of a credit card, except it doesn't get swiped anywhere. It works by you depositing money into it, you can do that in 7/11s, Circle-Ks, or our Mass Transit Railway stations. You then leave it in your wallet or purse.

Paying for things becomes a snap. All you need to do is put your wallet or purse right next to a fixed gadet, sorta looks like a handprint recognition device. You hear a beep, and you're good.

We can pay for McDonalds, anything in 7/11s, bus/tram/railway/minibus/ferry fares, supermarkets, vending machines, etc.. very convienent. Loose change is a thing of the past, at least for me.

l º 0 º l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try and use my credit card as much as possible, just because it's usually convenient (I never really use change anyway, it gets thrown into a jar at home). It's getting better now, too; I was just at Qdoba a week ago and they don't make you sign the receipt for your food. Makes purchases really go smoothly.
    Zach Holman
    good-tutorialsblogtwitterlast.fm