SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Rock Star INXS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rock Star INXS

Anybody watch Rock Star INXS? I wasn't watching it since I figured it was just another crappy reality show. I started watching it a couple weks ago and I was surprised that it is pretty good, not all cheesy like most reality shows. It's kind of cool to see the improvement in the contestants. Dave Navarro and the INXS band members seem to be into it as well.

I personally think Marty will win it after his amazing performance of Nirvana's "Lithium" last week and following up with a Creed song this week. He is showing talent and range.

Some of the female singers are very good too, I just don't see a female singer fitting into the band. Jordis is great and I think we will see her in some other band after the show. I think she would be a good front for No Doubt, but their breakup is supposedly rumor.

For those that haven't watched, the show is based around the band INXS's search for a new lead singer. They "boot" someone off each week American Idol style. Last week they booted two people at once!

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sad .......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy_yogi
    So sad .......
    hehe...Why, is it because you guys get our TV show's a season late?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ makes me think of a guy who worked for PDI

Quote Originally Posted by LeoWebDesign
    They "boot" someone off each week American Idol style. Last week they booted two people at once!
    Give me a reality show where they boot someone off in a coffin.

Sounds like an intersting show though, I mean you mentioned Nirvanna and Creed. What station airs it?

Though they really do need to make these people write their own songs instead of doing covers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strypes
    ^^ makes me think of a guy who worked for PDI

Give me a reality show where they boot someone off in a coffin.

Sounds like an intersting show though, I mean you mentioned Nirvanna and Creed. What station airs it?

Though they really do need to make these people write their own songs instead of doing covers.
    First they do covers. then the 3 worst form each week have to do INXS songs.

They aren't really looking for songwriters, their looking for a lead singer. Your right though songwriting skills do help.

It's on CBS http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uber, thanks I'll have to tune in tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strypes
    uber, thanks I'll have to tune in tonight.
    I have last nights Tivo'd. Wouldn't it be cool if I could upload it for you to download. Someday.

Keep in mind that the second night isn't usually as good. It's the 3 worst singers from the previous night.

I like it when the covers more than the INXS songs.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoWebDesign
    hehe...Why, is it because you guys get our TV show's a season late?
    No. Because it's another unoriginal, cruddy reality show.

There were two points there:

1. Unoriginal - They go through lots of contestants, mostly crap, be rude to the crap ones (almost all of them) and someone in the end gets some prize. And it's the equivalent of macdonalds food for the mind. ie it's tasteless (lack of enjoyment) and unhealthy (you actually get dumber from lack of using your brain in any way). It would be great if they produced something new, but unfortunantly that represents risk, and everything in western/capitalist socitety is geared towards getting money, so the risk/reward ratio doesn't suit it.

2. reality show - I watch tv to escape reality - especially that kind of pointless, inaccurate reality.

So to sum up, it's not that it's a season late, it's that it comes here at all like the rest of the crap shows from the U.S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy_yogi
    No. Because it's another unoriginal, cruddy reality show.

There were two points there:

1. Unoriginal - They go through lots of contestants, mostly crap, be rude to the crap ones (almost all of them) and someone in the end gets some prize. And it's the equivalent of macdonalds food for the mind. ie it's tasteless (lack of enjoyment) and unhealthy (you actually get dumber from lack of using your brain in any way). It would be great if they produced something new, but unfortunantly that represents risk, and everything in western/capitalist socitety is geared towards getting money, so the risk/reward ratio doesn't suit it.

2. reality show - I watch tv to escape reality - especially that kind of pointless, inaccurate reality.

So to sum up, it's not that it's a season late, it's that it comes here at all like the rest of the crap shows from the U.S.
    Believe it or not they don't treat the losers like crap. I use my brain plenty in a week. I doubt that an hour watching something like that will actually make me "dumber". You can't have your brain engaged 24/7.

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing a reality TV show to get a new lead singer for a rock band could be the most UN-rock thing any band could ever do...sell outs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's only rock n roll....but I like it!