SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Visit docquesting.com docquesting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Moving Radio Station

Ever been on a really long road trip with nothing to do. I am sure a lot of you have. Anyways I have one coming up towards the end of the year which I really dread but its a must. Your probably wondering what the heck has this to do with the subject title?

Well here goes. Why not have some fun on the way. Have a "Moving Radio Station". Here is how it would work.

You would need an radio signal amp and also a fm signal transmitter. Some of this would probably need to be modified somewhat. You would also need a laptop which would have any prerecorded music and or programing you might need. You would also need some magnetic bumper stickers for three sides of your vehicle saying to tune into a certain frequancy. You could also include your cell phone for them to call and make comments ect.

I thought it would be interesting to post this thought and see if any of you could come with any details, and how all this might work and other things I may not have thought of. I have researched this type of thing before so I understand some of what would be. Course I also know this might be a slightly insane idea as well lol. Before posting details make sure you do your homework first or atleast know what your talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fun part comes when the authorities find out you are transmitting on licensed AM/FM band. But you can transmit your "radio" to all truckers through short-wave or whatever it is called and hear what they have to say about it. Maybe some fun show/skit about *** or *******.

Off Topic:

Damn censorship

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yes I realize that. What I was thinking is using something like those cd to fm radio transmitters except somehow beef it up a little to broadcast two or three miles. I also understand you might could cut in on certain stations along the way by doing so at times. But as you would be always moving it shouldnt be a big deal. What I want to know are details on how you could make all this work.

l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you need is an iTrip and an iPod.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is an Itrip? Ipod to FM? Preferably I would want something that would connect to a laptop and also be able to boost the signal slightly.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get away with it, if you use a small transmitter (1-2 mile range), but that's not big enough to make it worth doing.

My parents used to sing to truckers through their cb. The truckers seemed to like that alot (they'd always ask for more).

SitePoint Enthusiast alternativerage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be worth doing if you were in a traffic jam, you would have quite a few people in that listening area.. unfortuantely no one would see your adverting for it on the bumper...