SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_poi
    opera doesnt look like a great browser for me... and ok charmedlover (hehe), i know it have a lot of great features (more than firefox as you said) but i still prefer firefox. like snecx said, firefox is for the everyday user... and i'll add better for the web-developer.

sitepoint released a book about it!... that say a lot.
    Operah is an amazing browser, it's worth every penny. I used it for awhile for certain sites, but firefox has just wowed me recently - I'm using it now for everything. My main browser has been IE up until recently, but since Google and Yahoo have come out with FireFox toolbar versions, and the Noia theme and the webdeveloper extention, plus tabs, you really can't beat it. I like both Firefox and Opera better than IE. They're more secure, have more features, are skinable, are lighter, are seperate from the Windows operating system, and have been setting the standard for what web browsing should be like. IE has the larger user base, but who's taking the lead? What browsers had inherent pop up blocking, and what browser only adopted it later? Is that leading? I personally love Microsoft Office, and VB, VBA, Visual Studio, .NET, and Windows XP - so I'm no anti-Microsoft freak. I'm just saying these other browsers are a better alternative.

Oh, and both Firefox and Operah have a great supportive community, while IE is just used 'by everyone else'...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charmedlover
    I do agree that I don't usually have more than five tabs open. I've had 50 at one time, but I was frantic about getting some last minute error fixed that I was looking through tons of results in Google for it. Talk about confusing. :S

To be honest I think having tabs is probably good enough. I cannot live without them. Lol.
    Wow I didn't realize how many pages this thread went in. Anyhow, you know what I love about tabs is that I have one open for a dictionary reference. I'll be reading the news or Slate or something and then when I see a word I don't know I switch tabs and look it up on Merriam Websters Unabridged dictionary site.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always am using a thesaurus whenever I'm writing, and having mutliple tabs helps so much!

You should try using this dictionary:
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Main_Page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opera is a pay for browser and it not near so good like a opensource browser like Firefox... Some say it is but the banners and price tag is a big -5!!

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I request that you read through all of this post and the continuous arguments made without giving a one liner that really isn't telling me "why" you think Firefox is so great.

Note, open source is two words.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy KLB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I request that you read through all of this post and the continuous arguments made without giving a one liner that really isn't telling me "why" you think Firefox is so great.
    Given the number of times these types of posts end up in so many threads, it is kind of petty to jump on Dexter over their post to this thread.
    Ken Barbalace: EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Blog, Careers)
    InternetSAR.org
    Volunteers Assist Search and Rescue via Internet
    My Firefox Theme: Classic Compact
    Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lo siento. I guess that I was a bit touchy, but it does get annoying. I'm sure that you'd feel the same if I randomly popped in with an "Opera Rules" post without really reading or answering any of the post.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy KLB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lo siento. I guess that I was a bit touchy, but it does get annoying. I'm sure that you'd feel the same if I randomly popped in with an "Opera Rules" post without really reading or answering any of the post.
    I am afraid that "X" vendor or software product rulz comments a simple fact of life of forums like this. It is no different when it comes to Linux vs. MSFT, Windows vs. Mac or PHP vs. ASP. I see Opera users doing much the same thing all the time in these forums and in other forums of this nature. We shouldn't jump on new users for such a minor "transgression," it just isn't very neighborly.
    Ken Barbalace: EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Blog, Careers)
    InternetSAR.org
    Volunteers Assist Search and Rescue via Internet
    My Firefox Theme: Classic Compact
    Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space