User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a dangerous topic.

Let's see, I don't hate anyone, that takes too much energy. But the following people annoy me:

Alec Baldwin,
    Julia Roberts,
    Rosie O'donnell,
    Most liberals,
    Anyone that thinks the government solves all or even most problems,
    Most smokers,
    Anti-American Americans,
    Anti Business People,
    People that treat animals more ethically than people,
    People who don't hate taxes,
    People who coast through life,
    People who never have an opinion,
    People who say 'oh well' too much

People who hate too much...

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, you're noty making a statement, are you? lol
    Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well, nobody's perfect (except for Alec Baldwin, Julia Roberts, Rosie O'Donnell, and most liberals).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: who i dont like

the type that believe everything happens for a reason
    Scientists?

I HATE PEOPLE WHO LIE TO ME!
    I lie to people who hate me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by zizaper
    why have you chosen christianity? why not just have your own religion where you believe there is a god that created all... why not be jewish? why not be muslim.. believe that allah created all...
    John 14:6
    Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

Originally posted by dekuro
    I personally don't believe in God and stuff because I'm sure that the origin of Christianity is that a small group of convinced people in the early days spreaded the word and tried to make others believe their version. Though I admit that I know nothing about the history.
    Q: Why were they SO convinced that they devoted the rest of their lives to telling people about Jesus? (some even being killed for their cause)
    A: Because of the Miracles they saw and because the guy died a brutal death and came back to life! (it is recorded that around 500 people saw him in his resurrected form)

They didn't have to 'try to make others believe' - they were accompanied by the awesome manifest power of the Holy Spirit! - just read Acts 2 and see how it happened...

Okay - Who hates Bible bashers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay i amnot going to debate this but the idea of organised religion really upsets me. In my mind there is a greater being out there, that greater being almost certainly does not CARE about humans. We seem to think we are somehow special -- we are not. I will have a faith in 'something' of my choice when times are hard, I won't recite cool sounding psalms to argue my opinion however.

Somebody more versed in such matters might destroy what I just said, but whatever, that's my opinion and I can't debate it. To me it makes no sense (I know a few people will hate me for not having/debating an opinion judging by earlier posts)

The things I hate

• People who upset me
    • People who don't care who they hurt
    • People who have little compassion
    • People who can't laugh
    • Horrible snobbish people
    • George bush
    • The state of everything to do with the world
    • Our [humans] lack of compassionate evolvement dispite great advances technologically
    • Irritating, illiterate, horrible people who are completely confident in themselves
    • People who lead you on
    • The human emotions: depression, anger, resentment, shyness
    • People who go out of their way to make me feel like ****
    • Hyprocricy
    • Myself when reading this list and the above thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who says God wants religion 'organised'!?

I want to add a few more things to my hate list:
    • GAP
    • Nike
    • Adidas
    • Western Clothing Industry in General...

For screwing Asia/Indonisea and it's people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh i agree. If there is a god, I'm sure he would disaprove of the way the majority choose to worship him. If *I* were a higher being *I* certainly would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by DarkMonkey
    Oh i agree. If there is a god, I'm sure he would disaprove of the way the majority choose to worship him. If *I* were a higher being *I* certainly would.
    I'm glad you're not God then, and I'm glad His goodness and what He is does not depend on me or you....

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know I have a real hard time respecting peoples beliefs when they don't have enough tact to respect others. It is hard to offend me and I am extremely offended by the comments about God, religion and "how I choose to worship" my God. I go out of my way to respect people's belief (or lack thereof) in a God, or gods. I don't agree with most people, bnut at least I respect them. If you don't like how I worship, that's great. I don't give a crap. You have every right to your own belief system. But don't insult me or how I "choose to worship" because you don't like it. It's called respect.

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will not attack you personally because of any of your beliefs but I won't lie to keep people happy. I personally believe much of religion to be a very bad thing and the ideas behind a lot of it I strongly disagree with. I'm sorry if that upsets or I'm not cultured, I'm sure you can ignore my ignorance should it become too irritating.

Reguarding god there was a really great quote which i struggle to remember which kind of sums up my feelings. it might have gone something like.

"When I see somebody I love suffering i'll do anything i can to relieve that suffering onto myself. If even *I* feel this way; Why doesn't god?"

I can anticipate what people will say to this but to be honest I consider it very meaningful. That's not to say i don't believe in god. But i don't believe in the things (or at least not all of the things) the bible and religious people say. I don't buy it and reguadless of my inability to put a coherrent sentence together tp back up my feelings I still know in my heart that it is simply NOT what belief and worship is about; it is not what a supreme being would approve of...

(apologies for staying off topic by the way. It's hard to just jump to the religion thread when the thing you are arguing with is in here, feel free to quote this post in any subsequent retorts in that thread if you like. I was just lazy)

Almeaty Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that the first man in space (a russian) said after he safely came back to earth, "I was up there but I haven't found god." Many believers got very upset...

What I want to say is that it's a very deep emotional question whether you do believe or not. And you can really hurt others with your opinion. So we better stop this discussion.
    Last edited by dekuro; Jul 19, 2001 at 06:03.

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sketch
    I'm glad you're not God then, and I'm glad His goodness and what He is does not depend on me or you....

Sketch
    Nothing personal, but if God is so good, then why do people die and live in poverty, etc.? Is this His will or is Satan (which I personally believe does not exist) just in that much control of the earth?

Example: One of the pastors at my wife's church just died in a horrible plane wreck. This guy helped out troubled teens and fed poor people in Mexico, he had a wife and 3 kids, yet his plane just mysteriously malfunctioned and crashed. Was it his time to go? Or is it just that s**t happens? If God is so good to leave this guy's family in this state. They have no income. Now his wife is a single mother, with three kids, bills to pay, you know the deal. All one can wonder is, "Why?"

It's not the whole spiritual thing that I am arguing with, but the fact that there is a supremely good being who is in control of everything, yet refuses to be involved with His creation. I have an even harder time believing that there is a supremely evil being that is trying to corrupt us all. That we are mere puppets in the war between Heaven and Hell is preposterous. Why should Satan care more about God's people than God Himself?

I won't even go into Original Sin. Why would God leave such temptation to Adam and Eve? If this planet was supposed to be a place of beauty, then why did he place a tree in the garden that they were forbidden to eat from and then tell them that they couldnt eat from it? Try telling your 4 year old kid not to do something. Of course, he is going to do it, just because you told him not to do it. Why give humans the chance to screw up. If He is omnipotent, then He should have known that Eve was going to bite the apple and then give it to Adam, right? If He knew such events were going to happen, then why do it in the first place?

Ok, enough ranting. I just want to be clear that these are my personal beliefs and I do not intend to offend anybody.

Bimbo With A Brain! silver trophy Saz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't going to post here, but I've not long got back from the supermarket and this has really done it......!

Why do people insist on grouping together in the middle of the ailes, blocking them with their damn trolleys, then procede to discuss their varicose veins/holidays/kids/grandkids/etc. etc? Then, when you ask them oh-so-politely to shift their butts, they look at you as if you're in their way!!!!!!
    Saz: Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!
    No longer Editor of the Community Crier.

Don't mind me, I'm having a BLONDE moment!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by moospot
    Nothing personal, but if God is so good, then why do people die and live in poverty, etc.? Is this His will or is Satan (which I personally believe does not exist) just in that much control of the earth?
    As a believer, I don't clame to know what life is all about.
    As a believer I also think of death as a passage from this world to the next so I am not even going to bother with the question 'Why do people die?'. As far as I am concerned, I already have eternal life.
    Poverty - well, I believe God gave us free will - if the West wants to screw poor countries for all they can and broaden the gap between the 'haves' and 'have not's' then he will let it happen. Perhaps it is a test to see if we will worship money (mammon) or him?
    It's a good question - I am not claiming to know the answers, but can faith exist without doubt???
    Example: One of the pastors at my wife's church just died in a horrible plane wreck. This guy helped out troubled teens and fed poor people in Mexico, he had a wife and 3 kids, yet his plane just mysteriously malfunctioned and crashed. Was it his time to go? Or is it just that s**t happens? If God is so good to leave this guy's family in this state. They have no income. Now his wife is a single mother, with three kids, bills to pay, you know the deal. All one can wonder is, "Why?"
    I don't know - somethings I just can't explain.
    As you said - maybe it was his time to go home?
    Sometimes God puts people through some real tough s**t to test their faith.
    Personally, I think he is a God of Love AND Severity.
    It's not the whole spiritual thing that I am arguing with, but the fact that there is a supremely good being who is in control of everything, yet refuses to be involved with His creation.
    Jesus.
    I have an even harder time believing that there is a supremely evil being that is trying to corrupt us all. That we are mere puppets in the war between Heaven and Hell is preposterous.
    Why not - I tend to think of it as a supernatural game of chess!
    Why should Satan care more about God's people than God Himself?
    He doesn't care - that's the point.
    He's trying to destroy humanity - just look at what is going on around, the mass-slaughter of human being's in Nazi Germany, Croatia, Indonesia, etc.
    Why doesn't God come down and stop it all? - I don't know, I wish he would.
    Why give humans the chance to screw up.
    Back to Free-Will.
    Would you prefer that we were all robot's?
    If He is omnipotent, then He should have known that Eve was going to bite the apple and then give it to Adam, right? If He knew such events were going to happen, then why do it in the first place?
    Hey - that's my favourite question!
    I don't know - his ways are beyond our understanding!?
    I hope to find out one day...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someday we all will, for ill or well. Too bad there is not any definitive proof of anything in the afterlife, then we could all stop arguing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father. It just breaks my heart to know that for most, it will be too late. This is why I am open to debate. I don't want anyone to have to bow their knee when it's too late. I'd rather all would bow their knee now. To me, although it is a heaven and a hell issue, it's more importantly an eternity issue. It doesn't matter what you believe, eternity is a long time and I'd hate to find out when it's too late that my eternity could have been determined by a single decision, to follow Christ or not to follow Christ, and find out I made the wrong choice and it's too late....for eternity. It's a sobering thought.

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but what if you are wrong and it turns out that the Muslims (for example) are right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is... THEIR WRONG!!!

No seriously - it's a big DOH on our behalf but Jesus (that sick-healin', miracle makin', death-cheatin dude) did say...
    (John 14:6) Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."
    That is what we base our belief that we are right on (some one correct me if I am wrong).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, everyone else thinks they are right also. Guess we will all have to believe in what we believe in and hope for the best.

z7..You have a bible there with ya, or are ya just that good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever floats your boat - innit?!

Joys of the web... http://www.unboundbible.org/

Anyone seen my cypher? OneChance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by z7
    [GAP, Nike, Adidas, Western Clothing Industry in General] For screwing Asia/Indonisea and it's people.
    How so? How did those companies screw an entire continent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear man, we could start a thread about how to cook speghetti, and religion would come into it one way or another.

Anyway, I just have to say one thing: the reason God "allows" suffering, in my opinion, is that it's better than interfering and such. I guess a better question would be "Why does God allow people to act in evil ways that harm others", or something of the sort. The short, simple answer (IMO) is that God gives us a choice. We can be as bad as we wanna be. That's one thing that I appreciate...flexibility. I can screw up, and it's not the end of the world. If someone wants to be a total a**hole, he or she is allowed, but in the end, our time here is nothing compared to our time with Him afterwards.

That's all -- not looking for another debate (I'm honestly too tired for one right now...and the work will surely pile up if I get involved in one), but I did want to answer the question posed earlier.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another poll

I fear another poll coming on.

Which does God prefer, tomato sauce or marinara?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by OneChance
    How so? How did those companies screw an entire continent?
    Well in the late 60's our dear well-meaning countries (USA, UK) stood by as an Indonesian dictatorship slaughtered approxamaitley 1 million people... Once the country was in ruin's - high-profile Western Business men went in and pretty much re-built the government/infastructure of the country to pander to their needs.
    Now, people are working in sweat-shops earning just under $1 a day and working shifts of up to 24 hours at a time.
    For every 8 ($10) pair of boxers which GAP sell - the workers only get 4p (6c).
    I don't know this as hard fact but I saw a TV program about it and all the evidence was there.
    Just take a look at the labels on your sporting/brand-label goods - Made in Korea, Made in the Phillipeans, Made in Vietnam, Made in Indonesia - its cheap, dare I say slave labour for huge profit.
    Why do you think people are so pissed at the WTO?
    There is a book about the subject called NO LOGO - you can find it on Amazon is you are really interested.
    Last edited by z7; Jul 20, 2001 at 03:08.