SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gong!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: I should learn how to read the topic right.
    Last edited by hmahonen; Jul 17, 2001 at 00:50.

Almeaty Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops...
    Last edited by dekuro; Jul 18, 2001 at 05:58.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate people who don't give me large sums of money right now. And I hate Plebius for not paying me $17 for that pound of cheese.

Oh, and ditto about Dubya, Aes.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by freddydoesphp

Now qslack, I know you mean Linux and not unix in general, right? And whats with disliking Apache, since you use for your own site.

This came from your server.
    Server: Apache/1.3.20 (Unix) PHP/4.0.4pl1 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a mod_perl/1.25

I know...I regret having Apache on my server, too. It's been giving me more trouble than it's worth. In a few days I'll install AOLserver 3.4 on it. Right now AOLserver is only on my "development" server.

I could go on and on about why AOLserver is better but I've got lunch in a few minutes. Anyways, it's faster (appx 100x faster), more flexible, and new features actually get added (AOL has several full-time developers working on it, and it's open source so they accept code from other people. the best of both worlds). Tcl (its main language) takes a while getting used to but I like it as a language.

I hate Linux because it's inefficient (especially with memory) and slow. It tries to be everything, a "jack of all trades, master of none". I find that OpenBSD and FreeBSD make a perfect team for my servers, being a firewall+router and web server, respectively.

And yeah I know my avatar has my least favorite colors...but the demon is the BSD mascot, Chuck the d[a]emon.

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -AOL
    -Dubya
    -prepackaged bands
    -56k Internet connections
    -Bad drivers
    -August in Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by delemtri
    I hate people who don't give me large sums of money right now. And I hate Plebius for not paying me $17 for that pound of cheese.
    I forgot to mention... it's moldy.

.net install meltdown
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the heck, general dislikes:

violence
    racsism, sexism
    pessimism
    homophobia
    cultural elitism
    "consumption culture"
    The US's two-party politics
    The US's drug laws
    corporate welfare
    Mondays
    Running out of beer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dislike:

1. People who refuse to use Windows products just because or just to "be cool".

2. Macs (hope no Mac users are reading this )

3. People who are opposed to 100% free song sharing - it's not like you're selling it and making money off it to others.

4. People who make promises but never fulfill them. If you say you're going to do something, do it.

5. People who can't sense when you're serous about something and when you're joking. If I ever want to have a serious conversation with someone and they reply with a bunch of smiley faces and sarcasm, I am very annoyed.

6. People who think they know everything about everything. Please.

7. Bandwagon/casual sports fans. If you're going to like a team, stick with it, no matter what. You can't just happen to like all the best teams and change your team every year and call yourself a fan.

8. People who live off family wealth and never have to work on their own to be something.

9. peepz whoo spellz reel bad !!! and use Real Bad grammer !!! and punctuation,,,,!!

10. People who have twenty-six thousand programs open on 640x480.

11. People who don't mind their own business.

12. Pop and country music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by mjames

6. People who think they know everything about everything. Please.
    I'm annoyed by people who think they know everything about anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me about it. People who think they know everything are a real annoyance to those of us who actually do.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    Tell me about it. People who think they know everything are a real annoyance to those of us who actually do.
    LOL

Mjames reminded me of another type of person I wish could act differently (to put it nicely):
    People who can't or don't spell and/or use correct punctuation.
    Just a quick lesson...
    An apostrophe is never used for pluralization, even if you are pluralizing the letter "s" or some other awkward word.
    Put one or two spaces after a period marking the end of a sentence (Don't.Type.Like.This)
    An apostrophe is used to mark possession, except in the case of "it" possessing something. In that case, "its" is used. Do not confuse that with "it's" which means "it is".
    Always start a sentence with a capital letter.
    If a sentence is a question, put a question mark after it. Example: "Do you know how to use CSS." - incorrect. "Do you know how to use CSS?" - correct.
    Never put a space before a period, exclamation mark, comma, or question mark. "This , isn't how to write !"
    "Your" refers to something that you possess. "You're" means "You are".
    In a contraction, an apostrophe is used to mark the place from which letters were taken. For example, because "isn't" is a contraction of "is not", and the "o" was taken away, you would put the apostrophe in the place of the "o".

Whew...hope you all had fun learning about grammar, spelling, and punctuation!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate...
    • People who get touchy about the word 'hate'.(!)

NewYork Yankee Caps (which are rife in the UK).

Bill Gates and his OS.

People who get touchy because you are wearing their favourite sports team sweater/cap when you aren't really a fan.

Girls who get pregnant just so they can get a flat/live off my income tax payments and neglect their kid.

Tony Blair/The Labour Party.

NOW.com

AOL

edit:Personal Computers.

Manufactured Bands.

Glutany.

Greed.

People who call you chicken/pussy for not doing things which are dangerous/very stupid.

Drivers who think the queens highway is a race track.

London.

The Tube/Subway in rush hour.

People who take one thing you have said in a post and twist it out of all proportion.

Rednecks.

Guys who hit on my girl (see above).

Advertising.

My Judgemental Attitude.
    Last edited by z7; Jul 18, 2001 at 04:05.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate - .....

Nothing.
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

Anyone seen my cypher? OneChance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    • I hate the assholes who drive by my neighborhood at 8 in the morning with their bass bumping.
    • I hate the people who would throw me in jail for shooting said assholes.
    • I hate people who don't even start writing their checks out in the grocery line until their total is rung up.
    • I hate slow cashiers.
    • I hate idiots who don't know how to merge into traffic.
    • I hate dungpiles who fail to realize that the left lane is for passing.
    • I hate people who think they know everything just because they're good at one thing (computer programmers come to mind).
    • I hate morons at the gym. It's weightlifting, not rocket science, for christsakes!
    • I hate racists.
    • I hate people who think they know what's best for my life when their own lives aren't even that great.
    • I hate felchwads who call me trying to sell me aluminum siding. I live in an apartment!
    • I hate boy bands and the prepubescent kids who worship them. Even worse are the twenty or thirty-somethings that listen to them.
    • I hate people who can't spell or use proper punctuation.
    • I hate anyone who worships celebrities. These are typically the same people who watch Friends and MTV religiously.
    • I hate religious fanatics.

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dislike:
    1) people who beat around the bush and don't say what they mean.
    2) people who can't accept what someone says to them (i.e. ultrasensitive)(From "A Few Good Men": "You can't handle the truth! Lieutenant, we live in a world with walls, and those walls are guarded by men with guns...")
    3) people who cannot have open debate without getting uptight.
    4) People who turn off what I have to say as soon as they find out I'm a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN! lol
    5) people who don't like the colors red, yellow and #CCCCCC! lol. Just kidding, but did you have to use #CCCCCC in your example. I use that color all the time! lol
    6) Not getting my drink refills at a restaurant, even when asking.
    7) Waiting in line at Phillips Seafood ath the Inner Harbor in MD.

A whole lot more, but 7 is enough. :-) I like most everyone, by the way.

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sketch

5) people who don't like the colors red, yellow and #CCCCCC! lol. Just kidding, but did you have to use #CCCCCC in your example. I use that color all the time! lol
    Actually, I did have to use that in my example. #CCCCCC is the ugliest grey ever created.

Why? Well, if you want a light grey, use #EBEBEB (ligher - #EEEEEE). If you want a dark grey, use #666666 or #999999. If you want me to hate your page (if I take the time to notice your color codes), then use #CCCCCC.

I think we need a "Who Do You Really Love?" thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, we will agree to disagree then
    Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who i dont like

i happen to not like people who cannot question the existance of god... the type that believe everything happens for a reason, and they have a path... and believe god is looking out for them.. i just think that is being naiive/ignorant...

maybe that shall strike some controversy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: who i dont like

Originally posted by zizaper
    i happen to not like people who cannot question the existance of god... the type that believe everything happens for a reason, and they have a path... and believe god is looking out for them.. i just think that is being naiive/ignorant...

maybe that shall strike some controversy?
    so you only like people you AGREE with? Are you saying you dislike people like that or that you don't agree with them. There's a vast difference in my mind. I have great friends who are friends of mine because of who they are. But I disagree in some areas with some for various reasons...some religious reasons, some political, some just simple preferential issues.

I think disliking someone because their belief in God (or lack thereof) is awful shallow, IMHO.

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    true:

lemme rephrase:

i dislike that aspect of them... i dont hate them...

also lemme clarify I was referring to the fact that i dislike the aspect of some people who cannot question the existance of god..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol here we go again with another "religious" discussion. I don't know if I quite understand when you say question the existance of God. The reason why I say that is because in my human thinking I HAVE to question an existence of God. However, in my spiritual nature, I have chosen to believe in an existence of God. Why? Because I can see an evidence of God everywhere I look. I see the moon, the stars, the birds, the trees, the human mind--how complex. And I have to question no existance of God. There MUST be a God. And that doesn't even touch my personal experience of God. I completely respect people who question. Where there is no opportunity for doubt, there can be no opportunity for faith. The prophet Isaiah wrote that God is a God who hides Himself...that's not because He doesn't want to be known, but because He wants us to seek Him.

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so then:

why have you chosen christianity? why not just have your own religion where you believe there is a god that created all... why not be jewish? why not be muslim.. believe that allah created all... why have you chosen what you have chosen? Because you were born with it? Have you ever questioned that? Or did you discover this on your own?

Here is the problem with the world:

you are born into a religion (usually! the one that your parents had/the one you were brought up in)... Being brought up in a religion gives you know choice but to believe all that you are told ---> leading to a questionless experience. I personally wish there wasnt any set religion and all people were born free or religion AND THEN they could create something of their own. You are just believing in something that a billion other people believe in... how unique is that?

Back to my point: I dislike people that can not only not question god... but that shape their life around their religion. No matter how you think of it... its like a cult... Everyone is tought 1 set thing leaving no room for interpretation.

I just think religion these days (or always) is just like education... other people telling you what to know and how to know it. There really is no room for exploration unless you back away from an already created religion and just think for a while... It may be interesting to see how you would change... Becuase honestly: the only reason you know/believe in jesus is cuz someone told you bout him. Is that REALLY a good reason to live by/for him? Because someone told you about him?

I want your comments

Almeaty Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well religion isn't really the question whether you believe in Jesus or not. Jesus is a symbol and example for the Good. Religion is trying to educate you to be a "good" person who's there for others. Just like your parents trying to teach you disclipline. I personally don't believe in God and stuff because I'm sure that the origin of Christianity is that a small group of convinced people in the early days spreaded the word and tried to make others believe their version. Though I admit that I know nothing about the history.

In fact in the Middle Ages and probably before, the church forced people to believe in all things they are said. Maybe it will be totally different in another 100 years... But nowadays you're probably born into a religion but you're not forced to believe in it. I'm half buddhism and half christian but I decided to ignore it entirely and see myself as someone without religion.

Almeaty Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I HATE PEOPLE WHO LIE TO ME!

SitePoint Enthusiast middleground's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    • Generally stupid people. They should have to wear an id so we don't waste our time with them.
    • Extreme hatred for people who think speeding 7 mph is OK but flip you off if you want to go 10 mph over limit.
    • People who pull into to the left lane (which is for passing only) for what seems to be only to slow down the 30 cars coming down the road 20 mph faster.
    • Truck drivers who think they can pass uphill and think nothing of bringing the entire left lane to a crawl.
    • People who pull into the left lane at half the speed to yeild to those coming on the on-ramp. Also- the idiots coming down the on-ramp who think the yield is for everyone (including the people on the freeway). Most aslo merge at 2/3 posted speed.....
    • Religious fanatics.
    • NASCAR and WWF- here's some tips- they are going to turn left and it is fixed....
    • Anyone who thinks procrastination on their part constitutes an emergency on my parts......

And one could go on...........
    Remember- Every day above ground is a good one...

On the Web @ MyWebThing.com; and Lansberry.net