SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Display blog post on multiple pages

If this is in the wrong forum, please move to the correct one. I have a blog on my site at /blog.html. I want to take my two latest posts and also display them on the index page of my site. Can anyone direct me to a tutorial for this or a place I can find some code that will allow me to do this? I'm not sure where to go for it but I'd like to learn.

Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this something I can only do with PHP? I'm just not sure what I need to know to do this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your blog is running on some sort of blogging system like Wordpress, then you could easily do it by including your homepage in the blog templating.

If you've rolled your own blog, then PHP is the way to do (assuming your using a database to store entries and not just hand-coding each one!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using blogger for my blog. I have it set up so that my actual blog is on the blog.html page. I want to keep it there so that all my other posts show on that page. I can't include two different pages in the blog templating, can I? Even if I could, it seems like I would need different settings for each page so that the index page could show only two posts and the blog could show more.

Is there another way to display the two latest posts on the index using blogger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so, I think you're stuck if you're using Blogger. You could probably write a bit of PHP in the homepage that parses the blog.html page and extracts the latest two entries, but I wouldn't like to have a stab at doing that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone told me that a roundabout way to do it might be to use an RSS feed to actually display my latest two posts on the index page. Since I can show as little or as much as I want to with an RSS feed, do you think this would be a way to do what I want to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody?