SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logomaid.com sells SitePoint contest entries?

Anyone else ever visited LogoMaid and noticed that alot of logos for sale there were done here in our Contests forum? Most appear to be Malbar's designs, although I'm not 100% sure, and I don't know which (if any) other designers' work appears there.

I'm guessing that this is all legit and Malbar is somehow affiliated with LogoMaid or he's selling designs to them. I doubt very much that they are stealing designs or anything like that. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if anyone knows anything about these sorts of dealings, where a designer might sell designs to these template and logo online stores.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My guess is he applied for work there and got in. I can't see anything illegal going on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a bit hard to answer this as unless you have seen your logos there against your wishes then it looks perfectly ok to me? but please be careful how you write things as you don't want to start saying things that you don't know are true incase
    Regular user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did I ever say I thought anyone was stealing anything? Why should I be careful about how I write questions like this? I'm not suggesting that anything shady or illegal is going on, and I clearly say so in my original post.

I doubt very much that they are stealing designs or anything like that. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if anyone knows anything about these sorts of dealings, where a designer might sell designs to these template and logo online stores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i notice this long ago. My first thought was that Malbar works for them as a designer.
    ichi

IchiStudio Graphic Design
    IchiStudio :: IchiStudio Portfolio

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    helix I never said that you did I was just saying to everyone be careful

but regardless its a strange post as no answer required for me
    Regular user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also assuming that Malbar works for them. And I guess it goes without saying that I can imagine why a company would want to sell his work (thus reinforcing the idea that my original post might be strange, as Sarah mentioned) .

I just think it's an interesting thing going on there, and it also shows that there can be life after not winning a contest for some of our designs. Come in 2nd in enough contests and you can pretty much start a logo business like Logo Maid yourself.

I just brought this up here because A.) I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this, and B.) I was wondering if anyone knows about how these sort of deals work. Does anyone know of other SP users who were able to sell unused designs to these types of companies?