SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Suggestions for my site

Hello,
    I've been busy working on my site lately and I want to perfect it before doing any traffic driving campaigns. Obviously, I'd like to add more content and get my forums more active, but in terms of design, functionality, position of advertising, etc. do you see any room for improvement? All suggestions and feedback are welcome and much appreciated. Thanks.
    The site is here: Drumset Connect - Drums & Percussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey gyutae

I don't have time for a detailed review but I did check out your site. I like the colors you've chosen. You might consider having a few optional styles though - as a guest I didn't see any. Your portal is OK - a little busy though and the layout could be a bit more balanced - a couple of your modules look out of place - stuck in where you could fit them. Spread them a bit and make them more symmetrical. You have a lot of forums for the number of posts you have - especially since most of your posts are in one particular forum. I'd suggest combining some of the forums to make those remaining look busier. As far as your ads go I think the placement is fine. I would consider trying the horizontal text links in your navbar in place of the banner - they take up less room and have a pretty good CTR in my experience. And get some ads into your archives! The vB3 archive is very spider friendly, and you will find that much of the traffic sent your way via searches will enter your site through the archive. These ads usually have the highest CTR of any location on a forum.

For more feedback, try the Admin Zone Community Review Forum (see my sig). And you might consider a post exchange or the Launch Team to get your postcounts up!
    The Admin Zone Forums
    -> Discussions, Articles & Interviews for Forum Administrators
    Check out our Contest, Forum Review, & Forum Showcase
    The Launch Team - Jumpstarting Forums!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the tips!

How do you put ads in the vbulletin archive section? Is there a template for the archive?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gyutae
    thanks for the tips!

How do you put ads in the vbulletin archive section? Is there a template for the archive?
    No, no template. You have to modify the /archive/index.php file. Check out This thread for instructions, and post any questions you have.
    The Admin Zone Forums
    -> Discussions, Articles & Interviews for Forum Administrators
    Check out our Contest, Forum Review, & Forum Showcase
    The Launch Team - Jumpstarting Forums!