SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question its weird, so weird

okay, hear me out. I would have searched to see if this topic was covered but I don't know what the heck to look for cause I don't know what's going on.

Recently one of my friends pointed out that she saw some sort of odd data being displayed on one of my pages (which are all simple html).

I went and looked and saw nothing, chalked it up to a browser malfunction.
    But then a few other people noticed it as well. So then I got really confused and went to view the source, nothing. Looked at the remote copy, nothing. So I did the only thing I could and overwrote it with a local copy.

That seemed to fix it. Apon further investigation I realized the data it was capturing happened to be from a site that shares the same server as the site I work on. They are all part of the same record label. So I notified the administrators of this oddity and they must have thought I was nuts because they had never heard of anything like that happening.

So I chalked THAT up as a server malfunction and forgot about it. But then today, I get an email from someone saying there is some sort of hidden text being shown on one of the pages (!!!!). So I went and looked, and again theres nothing. I overwrote it with a local copy and yo ho it's fixed.
    My question is, WTF causes this, does anyone know? and how the heck am I supposed to pre-empt this if I can't even see it myself? I'm so confused.

Once I was a Factory Worker goofy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never heard of anything like it. Are you trying to say that your pages are bleeding onto another site and vice versa stored on the same server?
    Last edited by goofy; Jul 21, 2005 at 23:28. Reason: delete word
    Goofy
    Life is what you make it!
    Follow your dreams!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah

I don't think any of my pages are bleeding onto other sites, but yes, other sites are bleeding onto mine.

It really does make no sense. If at the very least you think I'd be able to see it myself when I go check, but its always limited to certain people, which makes it even weirder.