SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bstrawse - sounds good to me!

W. Luke - That'd be great! How much time is "enough notice" ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by W. Luke
    Given enough notice, I would be willing to try and make an east coast meeting. It would have to be in the summer though. I am pretty sure I am allergic to cold weather. .

Actually I spent 9 days one January in Wisconsin. Was sick for three months after that. Not going back to a place where there is sustained snowfall.

We get snow where I live but only about an inch a year and it melts as soon as the sun rises. I just stay indoors for the twelve hours or so and drink coffee with irish cream or rum in it to keep me warm.
    I guess you don't want to come visit New Jersey, then! Where I live, we had one of the worst winters in years last year. We had several storms with two feet of snow. But I think those storms are fun. I like the snow, except it took all of our spring break literally to make days up.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this thread and just had to bring it back up. I'll be moving to San Diego, CA next week, so if anyone in Southern Cali is interested in meeting, I'm up to it!
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we are definitely having a UK meet! I know Ady and I are anyway and everyone else is welcome to join us! Won't be for a few months yet!

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.. Here is to catch up a little..

I have Irish, Polish, German, Norwegian, Italian and Cherokee in my veins. Gives truth the old saying "America's Melting Pot".

How much notice... Unfortunately, I won't be able to make any meetings this year. Too much going on right now and times are a little slim.

San Diego... Wow that is a 4-5 hour drive for me... Without Traffic. However I will be down in Mission Viejo during the holidays (nothing like going swimming on Thanksgiving) most likely to visit the in-laws.

I could handle New Jersey during the Spring and Summer. There is a reason I live in a desert. We have winter for 6 weeks in December and January and I like it like that. Of course the nearest ski resort is only an hour away and I can see the slopes from my back window. It is amazing what 4,000 feet of elevation can do for the temperature. The snow looks pretty from a distance.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could handle New Jersey during the Spring and Summer. There is a reason I live in a desert. We have winter for 6 weeks in December and January and I like it like that. Of course the nearest ski resort is only an hour away and I can see the slopes from my back window. It is amazing what 4,000 feet of elevation can do for the temperature. The snow looks pretty from a distance.
    I think we could arrange a Jersey/NY/Pennsylvania meeting - I know several members here from that area, including myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IT'S OFFICIAL!

RussellG (is watching you) and Saltire (myself) met up today in Perth, Western Australia.

It was a crazy meeting, decided on the spur of the moment while I was in the office doing some 'stuff' and RussellG was on a computer somewhere down under.

I passed Russell by at first because I had to show some South African tourists who nabbed me at the local bus stop to ask where the harbour was and how the fares system worked.

Anyway, Russell and I got chatting to this girl and before I knew it, Russell was fondling this girl. I took the opportunity to snapshot it, and as you can see, it looks as though she is enjoying herself!

Saltire got annoyed by people walking in front of the camera while his pic was being taken, and has a better pic here!

We wandered around the City and this street performer was hassling us. I was using some bad scottish swear words as we walked away but managed to stay calm. We kept tripping over all these small chinese tourists, and the City was ram-jam-packed with kids who should have been in school.

We walked around more, admiring the local talent and laughing at somebody who had been banged up in the back of a cop car for nicking something from Rowe & Jarman - The Sports Superstore. We wandered over to the train station and said bye, planning another meet at sometime in the near future.

That's it - The First Official SitePoint Meeting has taken place, with RussellG (is watching you) and Saltire, SitePoint Community Forums Premier Scottish Member.
    Last edited by Saltire; Aug 28, 2001 at 02:07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone in adelaide? Even the south australian area.
    I doubt it, but anyway.....

There can be only One.... joelwills's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A UK meet sounds like a great idea. I can pretty much make anywhere in England (I'm all over the place at the moment), just a few weeks notice would be great!
    Life Goggles - The Entertaining Environment Blog
    http://www.lifegoggles.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone sees me while in Melbourne, come up and say g'day!

I look just like this avatar, except a year and a half older
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth Blog Twitter Contact me
    Neon Javascript Framework Jokes Android stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Saltire
    That's it - The First Official SitePoint Meeting has taken place, with RussellG (is watching you) and Saltire, SitePoint Community Forums Premier Scottish Member.
    Welll technically speaking. Matt, Mark and I met up in March at Universal City Walk here at Universal Studios in California. We had a nice long lunch at the HardRock Cafe there and talked about the site and future directions.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by mmj
    If anyone sees me while in Melbourne, come up and say g'day!

I look just like this avatar, except a year and a half older
    The main SitePoint offices are in Melbourne and most of the team lives there. You may have bumped into them before and not realized it. I believe BC lives down that way as well. You might email mark@sitepoint.com and see if you can get a tour of the office and meet everyone.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A UK meet is definitely on the cards, plus I will be in Lille (France) in 2 weeks if anyone is up there?

SitePoint Co-founder Matt Mickiewicz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fantastic to see these Forums bringing so many people together.

I'm up in Vancouver, BC.... Anybody from the Seattle area here? I go down there a few times a year, it's a good 3 or 4 hour drive from here.

If there was a meeting in Cali, I'd also be willing to fly down there... especially if it's in November/December when it's pouring rain here
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder
    SitePoint.com - Empowering Web Developers Since 1997
    Follow me on Twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welll technically speaking. Matt, Mark and I met up in March at Universal City Walk here at Universal Studios in California. We had a nice long lunch at the HardRock Cafe there and talked about the site and future directions.
    Ack, I meant members not Staff