SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my website.

I know it is not really finished, but you can get an idea of what it is going to look like when it is done.

http://members.cox.net/cclique/

It is fairly simple and it is my first real website I have made seriously.

Thank you in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.

Congrats on this site being your first real site.

I like how you've got the colors down, and how the background's don't take away from what you want your visitors to see, the content. My only suggestion would be to change the header to something more "pleasing" that would grab the viewers attention. Overall though, nice looking site for your first website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visit docquesting.com docquesting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good to me. Header is not bad as is keep it simple. Also when mentioned buy it now on amazon you may want to sign up so you can earn commisions through them. Also on the poll you will want to add Christian. Preferably use a host even if free that is not your isp. I find for some reason certain folks love to do this along with email and then when they switch providers have to change everything. Even if you dont think you are get another. Look for one with a small text add on the free versions. Dont use geocities or some such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the layout, very simple and neat..
    Just need to fix the xhtml errors http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...t%2Fcclique%2F

Regards
    Deep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the above posts. Everything looks good escept fot that blue sky and clouds header. It's just too simple, and boring.
    I love the background light grey color and the different text colors for headers and such.
    I love the roll over effects in the menu.

GREAT job for your first site!!
    Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the reviews. They are very helpful. I am not much of an artist yet, so that is why the header is so boring. I am still learning how to do things from tutorials as far as creating images goes. I know it is a simple site, but I prefer simplicity for a few reasons.

If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know.

Thank you again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have fixed the header and made a few adjustments. Any comments on it are appreciated.

Sorry to renew this thread again, but I just want to make sure everything is good to go.

BTW, would it be better to use WordPress to do news updates?

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The menu is now displaying in its proper place. Glad you worked that out.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The text along the bottom doesnt seem to be as spaced as the other text on the site, seems very cramped.

Likewise, your verse of the day consumes too many lines. Only 3 words per line makes it very hard to read. May I suggest modifying the p.menu to make the text smaller?

The links at the top of the page i.e home, about etc - white on a light background is kind of hard to see ... maybe play about with the colours to see what works best in the line of blues.

Apart from that its very good. Like the centred structure - background is great and the font choosen is very clear. The main-body-text spacing makes for easy reading.

Oh, maybe left align the menu heading. :-)

well done again ...
    Last edited by ronanmagee; Oct 25, 2005 at 10:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by earther
    The menu is now displaying in its proper place. Glad you worked that out.
    Thank you for pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ronanmagee
    The text along the bottom doesnt seem to be as spaced as the other text on the site, seems very cramped.

Likewise, your verse of the day consumes too many lines. Only 3 words per line makes it very hard to read. May I suggest modifying the p.menu to make the text smaller?

The links at the top of the page i.e home, about etc - white on a light background is kind of hard to see ... maybe play about with the colours to see what works best in the line of blues.

Apart from that its very good. Like the centred structure - background is great and the font choosen is very clear. The main-body-text spacing makes for easy reading.

Oh, maybe left align the menu heading. :-)

well done again ...
    Thank you for all the good points. I will be sure to fix those. Though, what were you referring to for the left align of the menu heading? Are you talking about where it says Menu, Poll, Verse of the Day, etc.?

Thanks.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not the individual menu items but rather the hat has the word 'Menu'. Its in bold and seems to be centre aligned. If you align this to the left it will follow the flow of the elements below it and would help balance that area.

Regards,

Ronan

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FinalEffect,

I think the colour scheme of the site suits it's content perfectly.

I have nothing against the overall layout, but personally I think the menu gets lost on the page. I would suggest haveing the menu go horizontally under the header. I think this would also improve the rather bland header.

Congratulations on your first "real" site.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good for a first website! It is simple but easy to use although I would make a column with the navigation instead of it slightly mixed in the text. But well done and keep up the good work!
    Unlimited Games - Free Games
    Bored To Death - Lots of fun stuff!
    Really Funny Pictures - Hundreds of funny pictures