SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Suggestions / Reviews for our company website

Hi,
    We launched our company website couple of days back. I need to know what you all guys think about same.

The URL is http://www.web1.in

The site is made in CSS and XHTML, PHP is used for server side scripting. The site is combination of CMS called Textpattern and custom scripting.

Please review the site and tell me what do you think about the same.
    Some critical comments are very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Deep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the colors! They are bright but work well and are very culturally appropriate.

The text feels a little cramped. Padding around the main content a areas would help.

The only real problem I see is that the text is not resizable in IE. Fixed font size limits accessibility. The site should be designed in a way to accommodate any font size the user chooses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use % or preferably EM for text sizing rather than pixels so the text can resize in IE. Earther should expand on her statements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I have added padding of 5px in the content of inside pages,does it look proper now?

About the font size - I tried 1em - it is too big, 0.5em is not readable at all...

Deep

Visit docquesting.com docquesting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow nice site. Just the right touch of color and layout so that it is not too busy. Good luck with that.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very easy on the eyes. I like your colors as well and the whole site is pretty clear and concise.

The only thing I really saw was on your porfolio page, the links to each past client has a dotted line through them, I think you meant to have it underneath the link but not sure.

Looks good though. Nice job, might send a quote for SEO on your site in a few months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deep you still need a lot more padding at least 10-15 pixels

1em too big, .5 too small, go in between that's the cool thing about EM you can use fractional sizes try .825 or .865

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear that everyone liked the work

JManuel: SEO Quote, sure thing, do let me know whenver you need it to be done, will send you best rates with the list of sites we have worked on

About dotted line, yeah, it was meant to be there

DCS: I have set font size to 0.825 em which is exactly same as 11px , I have also increased the padding to 10, so now it looks good...

Let me know your opinion about the same.

Regards
    Deep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deep, looks better. still ned padding in this area though:

India's fastest growing and most dynamic web solutions company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deep . . . Your current font size is now unreadable at my browser settings. This post should help yopu sort things out.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I really like the layout, it really just makes me think "professional". I really really like your graphics at the top. Especially on the main page, it makes me think any nerd can be good looking for some reason. I think you should have some sort of Indian person on there though, like you in a pimp suit or something. Your call. Great site though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deep . . . I should have included a screenshot in my last post. I'm adding it here so you don''t miss it. This is what the fonts look like at my browser settings. If a potential customer can't read your site, you'll lose their business so you really need to fix this. Follow the suggestions in the post I suggested and it will sort out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earther you seem to be setting your text size 2 settings below IE's DEFAULT of Medium as point out to you in the very thread you quoted.

Most users don't set their browser that way, most don't even know they can change the font size.

I justify my comments to Deep by pointing to alistapart.com, that's the same setting they use and I'd say as some of the people responsible for the web standards and usability movements they know what they are doing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    Earther you seem to be setting your text size 2 settings below IE's DEFAULT of Medium as point out to you in the very thread you quoted.
    No, it is only set to small which is one below the default size.

I justify my comments to Deep by pointing to alistapart.com, that's the same setting they use and I'd say as some of the people responsible for the web standards and usability movements they know what they are doing!
    Here is what alistapart looks like in my browser! That is unacceptable AND THERE IS NO NEED TO HAVE THAT HAPPEN! The more more designers imitate those settings the less accessible the web will become. I'm going to write to ALA right now as this is getting out of control as designers follow in their footsteps (or should I say mis-steps!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    earther, I liked your idea but now the problm with my layout is, it shows different size of font in opera and IE, if i set it to 80% and then 1.1em for <P>

I tried doing that, in IE it looked very good but in opera it showed as very small...

So I think for the time being best way to keep would be in pixels as it shows same in all browers.

But if you can suggest me some idea or way around to this then I will def. try it out...

DCS, I have added padding on the home page too, not it looks good I suppose...

BNizzle, glad to hear that you liked the site about images of indian guys, actually I too wanted to use indian images but unfortunately I could not find any good indian images relating to the sections

Thanks
    Deep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JManuel
    It is very easy on the eyes. I like your colors as well and the whole site is pretty clear and concise.

The only thing I really saw was on your porfolio page, the links to each past client has a dotted line through them, I think you meant to have it underneath the link but not sure.

Looks good though. Nice job, might send a quote for SEO on your site in a few months.
    I just looked at the portfolio page and like you said those dotted lines were overlapping the URLs on the right....it was bescasue of default padding I have given to id content, but now I have fixed it

Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards
    Deep