SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think checks can be made to a savings account to, just not from it.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checks are written out to a recipient in most cases, not a specific account (although it can be done). The recipient can then do what they want with the money from the check: take it as cash, deposit into savings account, deposit into checking account, etc...
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

SitePoint Addict michaelwheaton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a checking account for about a year now, I opened it when I was 13. Maybe there are different age restrictions for certain countries or with other banks, but at my bank here in Canada any 12-year-old can get a checking account. I asked a question in my last post Geiger- are all of those websites owned by the same person or are they for different people? It's one thing if you are doing work for one company, but it's different if that company is the middle-man and gaining a profit by paying you less than what it is charging. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I'm sure that if you make under a certain amount per year you do not have to pay income tax. It's probably a good idea to look into it some more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all 3 sites are for one company. they're supposively working on 10 at the moment. i THINK 2ninety is the name of the entire company, but the site there is just hosting. the last site i did, secure290 (note the 290) of course implies a connection to 2ninety.com

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a story I thought you might enjoy...

I had these two friends in high school that were twins. They were computer geeks (just like me), but they wanted to make money at it. At age 14 they started a company (yes, an actual company with a bus. license and everything). They started doing graphic design and quickly moved into the web realm. Since one of the brothers was a hacker as well, they also do a lot of security consulting... Anyway, at age 18 when they graduated high school the business moved to downtown Atlanta with an 8000 square ft. facility. They now have tons of employees and are one of the most successful web design firms in Georgia...

No joke about it... it's a true story and it makes me SICK. Check them out... www.duniya.net - they mainly work with non-profit and D.J. stuff (b/c they like to DJ in their spare time)

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're wondering why I posted that... YES you can charge for services (no matter how old you are) and YES you should. If you've got any experience whatsoever and you're young, consider yourself one step ahead of everyone else... and take the opportunity to make something of yourself. By the time you're 21 you could be a millionaire!! Just food for thought

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I'm Sales & Managing Director of 2ninety Limited.
    As we like to concentrate on maintaining quality services at 2ninety with hosting, we rarely design sites ourself.
    Instead we find young/newby designers on the web, build them up a portfolio and then offer them paid work through our recognised brand.

We located Jason (geiger) through a different forum where we ran a competition for the best web template. We felt that a hosting package with ourselves was a good prize in return for the design, especially when many new designers rely on poor quality hosts such as GeoCities. This prize would allow the winner to set up a site for themselves offering their services to others.

As Jason had only 1 site under his belt, we offered him more site templates and gave him domain names in exchange.
    Jason can now create a site for himself and a client he has found with other sites in his portfolio for future clients to view.

As the templates designed will be used for high profile sites incorporating PHP, portal systems and mySQL backends programmed by our in-house team, the quality will be reflected to his clients.

Now that Jason can show examples of his work we will add him to our list of freelance designers (such as the designer who re-designed 2ninety.com) and we will offer him work through our company.

To my knowledge Jason has not yet started to learn Perl, PHP, mySQL etc yet so the site profits will be split between us, a web developer and Jason as a template designer. As soon as he is capable to program PHP or Perl, more of the profits will go to him.

4netdesign will be a site that will promote designers such as Jason under one name. This means that we can offer the best of the best for the jobs making it the perfect design & development site, with the backing of a strong hosting company (2ninety Limited).

Currently we do have around 10 projects on the go and are not ready to start work on 4netdesign. As soon as we are we will inform Jason.

Please understand that we are not in the business of ripping off vunerable designers. We merely want to build them up to be better at what they do until they can eventually fly from the nest as the case would be. I personally receive and communicate with every designer and developer and can always be reached by them 7 days a week with any concerns.

Please feel free to follow up this posts with any questions that I may not have answered.

Regards,
    Robert Kerry
    Sales & Managing Director
    2ninety Hosting - http://2ninety.com
    Low Low Prices
    Friendly Support
    Perfect!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hah thanks for the clarification...
    im not quite as worried as it might have seemed in that post... i was particularly stressed out over an issue. i am actually especially greatfull to 2ninety and others. i enjoy designing.

soon (hopefully when i get back from europe) i will sit with a php book and learn learn learn. ill talk to you in 2 weeks...

thanks