SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Gap in FireFox

  1. #1
    SitePoint Guru Ruben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Alkmaar, The Netherlands
    Posts
    693
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Gap in FireFox

    http://forums.premiumwebdesigns.com/
    In firefox, there are gaps on the top and bottom. I am uncertain what might have caused this

    Could somebody please help me with this?

  2. #2
    Winemaster bronze trophy BonRouge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sendai, Japan
    Posts
    2,417
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which gaps are you worried about? I see some spaces that are larger in IE and some that are larger in FF...

  3. #3
    SitePoint Guru Ruben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Alkmaar, The Netherlands
    Posts
    693
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BonRouge
    Which gaps are you worried about? I see some spaces that are larger in IE and some that are larger in FF...
    Below the header and above the footer are some rather ugly brown gaps.

  4. #4
    Winemaster bronze trophy BonRouge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sendai, Japan
    Posts
    2,417
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be a quick fix (at least for FF - not sure what it does to IE) :
    Code:
    .menulinks {
    margin-bottom:-2em;
    }
    
    .bluebar {
    margin-top:-2em;
    }
    I hope this helps.

  5. #5
    SitePoint Guru Ruben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Alkmaar, The Netherlands
    Posts
    693
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BonRouge
    This would be a quick fix (at least for FF - not sure what it does to IE) :
    Code:
    .menulinks {
    margin-bottom:-2em;
    }
    
    .bluebar {
    margin-top:-2em;
    }
    I hope this helps.
    Didn't really do anything at all

  6. #6
    Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mittineague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Springfield, Massachusetts
    Posts
    17,053
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    gaps

    I think what you are seeing is:
    body { background-color: #DAE2E4;
    (I'm not sure, is that "rather ugly brown"?)
    It may have something the do with the pages table structure,
    BTW the W3c validator gives this error:
    Line 1796, column 46: duplicate specification of attribute "class"
    <table class='ipbtable' cellspacing="0" class="newslink">

  7. #7
    SitePoint Guru Ruben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Alkmaar, The Netherlands
    Posts
    693
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittineague
    I think what you are seeing is:
    body { background-color: #DAE2E4;
    (I'm not sure, is that "rather ugly brown"?)
    It may have something the do with the pages table structure,
    BTW the W3c validator gives this error:
    Line 1796, column 46: duplicate specification of attribute "class"
    <table class='ipbtable' cellspacing="0" class="newslink">
    The layout itself should work perfectly fine, as in http://premiumwebdesigns.com/index2.html
    The w3c validator error is an error in IPB, not in my HTML.

  8. #8
    Winemaster bronze trophy BonRouge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sendai, Japan
    Posts
    2,417
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  9. #9
    SitePoint Guru Ruben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Alkmaar, The Netherlands
    Posts
    693
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BonRouge
    The gaps are gone, however now there's a problem with the memberbar being overlapped by the nav

  10. #10
    Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mittineague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Springfield, Massachusetts
    Posts
    17,053
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    HTML error

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben K.
    The layout itself should work perfectly fine, as in http://premiumwebdesigns.com/index2.html
    The w3c validator error is an error in IPB, not in my HTML.
    I just checked the HTML for http://forums.premiumwebdesigns.com/ and there IS the error in the HTML, take a look.

  11. #11
    SitePoint Guru Ruben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Alkmaar, The Netherlands
    Posts
    693
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittineague
    I just checked the HTML for http://forums.premiumwebdesigns.com/ and there IS the error in the HTML, take a look.
    IPB's HTML, not my HTML!

  12. #12
    Winemaster bronze trophy BonRouge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sendai, Japan
    Posts
    2,417
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben K.
    The gaps are gone, however now there's a problem with the memberbar being overlapped by the nav
    Look again... Do you still see a problem? (I changed it from em to px).

  13. #13
    Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mittineague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Springfield, Massachusetts
    Posts
    17,053
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    apology

    Sorry about that, I wasn't familiar wth Invision Power Board, now I get you.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •