User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Site only works in IE :(

hi people,

I normally was used to program Flash actionscript and php, but lately i am switching more and more to css xhtml design. But one thing at the moment is driving me mad. My Site is totally messed up in Firefox,Opera,Netscape etc.. and is completely good in IE. At first my code wasnt validated so i thought that might solve the problem but no luck at all, still one big mess.

I setup a smaller test page and have that validated, i am aiming to make this page work in all the browsers and then i can implement that for my whole site.

here is my test filew3c validated)
    (dont mind the empty pics and the strange flash part)
    http://www.primevector.nl/learningzone/test3/

and this is the link to the css file (validated )
    http://www.primevector.nl/learningzo...arkup_home.css

I have no ideas at the moment how i could make this work in those other browsers too and would love to hear some input on this.
    I have searched a whole lot on a whole lotta corners on the net but still no luck, hope someone overhere can shed some light on this for me

The only thing i really notice on it is that they look equally messed up in the browsers other then IE, so i suspect they all dont handle one certain aspect of the code like they should (or like IE does).

thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will redesign my site totally...and thistime i wont use IE only to design and check . I now have every browser i can think of open while developing... gotta love our job

I'll for now just dream that one day we as developers will have one standard to work by and that it might look the same on evey browser, maybe around 2040 or something the dream will come true

bye