SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Print stylesheet it cut my pages off

I just began developing the print stylesheet for the site listed below and have encountered several difficulties. These scenarios seem simple, yet my mind has not resolved them. Damm mind blocks! So the page remains fairly complex as far as the CSS.

My header div created a page break between it and the content div. The content does not break between page break and only render a little more than a page. The situation seems odd.

Indeed browser's print engines are not keen on floats, yet my last print stylesheet did not remove all the floats. Changing all position fixed, absolute, float to position static may help (yet I less familiar with position static). In addition, the overflow attribute may contribute to the scenario as well. Let me know if you have any ideas about these scenarios. Please let your thoughts point to specific solutions rather than focus on general rhetoric. As you all know, time is a precious commodity and the information is vast.

Could the JavaScript affect the print stylesheet?

Check out #ArticleID which has an additional border on the left and right side.

http://neville.f2o.org/nifty_Simple.html

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My print style sheet situation still has me perplexed. Apparently, the scenario is more complex than originally thought. I simplified the html and removed the Javascript, which did not bring much insight.

http://neville.f2o.org/nifty_DELETE1.html

Now, the page only has the paragraph and heading elements. If the text occupies a page or less, Firefox renders the print version as expected. If the text spans a page or more, then Firefox renders the #header; then a page break; then cut the text off after a page.

Please let me know if you have ideas for solving the problem.

Ding Fries are Done! inter4design's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make sure you set your other css external links to the correct media type. i.e. media="screen", like you have set for your print style sheet link
    DoesItMatter
    - anyone seen my underwear?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible, your suggestion is spot on. Thanks!