User Tag List

Hybrid View

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pat on the back!

There is never a shortage of threads in this forum from newbie questions right through to complex and advanced problems. Similarly there are many people who post with responses. There are php gurus, db experts, regex experts, etc, then there are others like myself who have less knowledge but get a perverted pleasure out of debugging code and enjoy the opportunity to constantly better our knowledge of php and web development.

Just lately I have noticed that there is a nice spread of people contributing to this forum. It is refreshing to see that so many people have been dropping in from time to time. It is enriching that so many people offer their knowledge, experience and advice and I think the quality of the threads is reflecting this.

I just thought I should give out a general group hug to those people who have been contributing regularly. Or a pat on the back for those that are a little more reserved or shy
    Last edited by freakysid; Jul 10, 2001 at 03:12.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah.. I'm really grateful to you guys... esp. ppl like FreakySid and Milamber and Dr. Larry Pepper... they really helped me out when I first started out... but I still find myself posting lots of questions!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks . I don't know what it is about sp, but I visit practically everyday even though I don't post all the time. I like to read other people's posts because sometimes I get an answer to a question without having to ask it.

I was a lurker (a guest) for months before I decided to join. I really like it here

SitePoint Enthusiast bsmith@interinc.com's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, what he said......Freakysid

I,ve been on the web since 1994, when there was code for the color of text. And I have gone to forums and posted but it was a pain in the arss to follow the thread and would ultimately drop the site. Until now. This has got to be the light @ the end of the tunnel. The people here are anchored with some good stuff inside because i have not only received help on every question I have ever posed but I have had numerous "Welcomes" from some of the most down to earth people in the world, (geek tear falling, sliding down my cheek).

I really mean it people, you are the creme del la creme, no matter how you spell it. I think ALL will concour, most forums you post and wait, them you smell your armpits, not bad, plus you can't smell over the net, then you check your breathe, not bad, still no response to the post, now you get an inferiority complex, next come the violent messages, we've seen em' then the begging for acknowledgment, just a crumb, a lousy crumb ya bum's. But not here. To quote a recent post "This site rocks". I would like to thank Freakysid, Micmar, Craigthehack, saz429, the people above and my Mom. (music plays, kicking me off now)....

"B"

"B"
    I am I, Therefore I bark.

SitePoint Enthusiast cragthehack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, okay I'm a horrible speller. But, I promise I'll run everything I type through a spell check of a sort (Ill review it before I post it).

Thanks to all. Most recently timnz who helped an ex-windows freak like myself install PHP correctly with Apache on Linux. It actually works.

I have to say this is one of the best boards...
    - crag
    net geek for non profits and political campaings

SitePoint Enthusiast bsmith@interinc.com's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I forget

I really apologize to Timnz, a huge help to me was not mentioned in my "thank you everyone", I'm a big fan of Timnz and the support he has given me. It is so great to meet someone for the first time from another part of the world who is so willing to help anyone who crosses his path.

Off the subject but still on. I recently had a picture of me with 666 on my head, this was in no way intended as a statement on my position, which I have none, at least if I had I think it has moved since yesterday's because I am here now and my position is still, for the big guy in the sky, the grand architect that omni that nirvanaic heaven above so please, if I cast a shadow I apologize for my wacky behavior "I am I, therefore I am"

"B"
    I am I, Therefore I bark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks to freakysid, Dr Larry, freddydoesphp, skunk, timnz and all the others. It's great to know that there is help when it is needed. Have a drink on me!
    Gravity always wins

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where should I send the bar tab?
    Please don't PM me with questions.
    Use the forums, that is what they are here for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find me next time you're in New Zealand
    Gravity always wins

Making a better wheel silver trophy DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love this forum! i, too, was reading here for a few months before i registered.

thanks to everyone that has helped me so far!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I'm not a regular like the big boys here who go out of their way to help multiple people everyday. I am joining Sid in saying 'thanks' for all the help. This is, without a doubt, the best website development forum ANYWHERE and the php section is certainly the one I visit the most.

Although I usually mainly visit to ask questions I have tried to help when I can, I don't do it that often for a combination of not knowing much and pretending I'm really busy and don't have "time". I am averaging over 1 post a day so I do check the forums regularly. I often don't post, like somebody already said, because the question I pose has already been answered elsewhere.

Thanks to Sid, Freddy and a lot of other people who have answered my queries nicely and without even a hint of "you're stupid go away stupid!!!!"

Good job guys.

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, this forum is awesome. I found a home....actually, I have like 6, but only this one can be called home on the net!

Kudos to Creole and Saz, studiococo and W. Luke (even though he's reprimanded me twice in my 3 weeks here! ). bsmith, bman and freaky baseball....represent the big MD!! TWT, Z7, Marina and Freakysid for some really great theology debates. Swimm and koolbrian for your constant refreshing looks at things.

Ya'll are great. I feel safe here discussing my strengths and weaknesses in this field and in life without fear of elitism. We're all learning, eh?

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally concur with the odea of this thread. Just over a month ago this forum was in a position where a huge number of people were posting on it and many questions were going unanswered, due to the volume of posts and the complexities of some of the problems. This seems to have changed dramatically now - very few posts go unanswered, which is often a testament to the dedication of some of the regulars here. Long live the SitePoint Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I find so funny is that almost no one here is "innocent" -- even those who are quite handy with PHP have posted a few threads with questions. Not everyone, but most of those who frequent this forum. That's what I really love about this place. No one is too great or too proud (as far as I know) to ask questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TWT,

I love you man.....

(may I have your Bud Light?...or better yet, Heineken?)

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, only beer I drink is root beer, and diet root beer at that. You love me, wha?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Heineken
    Gravity always wins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    j/k!

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me this has been the big big revolution on how people share their knowledge to others. No matter you're beginner or guru this is the place where we could learn, share, thank people , and a place that people could have fun with their little buggy

I would like to thanxxx god(don't really know which god) once again for making Internet so damn cool LoL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God's not the one to thank...Al Gore is....
    Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor