User Tag List

Marketing Guru ;) Johan Malmberg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pay per click SE #1, #2...

Hi,

I am interested in signing up for Pay per click SE's. i am using Goto right now and are receiving good results. What is the #2 pay per click SE? Since my keywords are very targeted I am looking for SE's with many visitors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GoTo is easily the biggest. Also try GoTo UK.

Others that are worth the effort in my experience are Sprinks (also on About.com) and FindWhat (which also features on Excite). I've also found Espotting pretty useful from a UK perspective.

You'll find loads more at www.payperclicksearchengines.com but it's whether you have the time to test out 30 PPC engines when a lot of them won't perform brilliantly for you. Try out Sprinks, FindWhat and GoTo UK for now and see how it goes.
    USBtastic - UK Gadgets Blog
    SmartGeezer - UK Men's Clothing Blog
    Individualitee - Great Tshirts
    Shiola - Complete Waste of Time

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say, for us anyway, that Sprinks is #2.

Also more bang for the buck.

Epilot has been coming on strong recently, too. Apparently they've inked a deal with Altavista..

Adam
    Find A Web Host: Click Here
    Hosting News & Information:Click Here
    Web Host Reseller Info:Click Here

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also might want to consider:
    www.findwhat.com
    www.goclick.com
    www.7search.com
    www.kanoodle.com

I don't think any of the mentioned PPC SEs in this thread can match the quantity GoTo can send though ... but they might be cheaper

Hope to help,

Mike
    Mike Ossendrijver
    Sales, AdSensor - Quality Online Marketing
    mike@adsensor.com

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good list that goes by Alexa ratings:

http://www.payperclickreviews.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are my top five.

GoTo.com
    Hands down, this is the industry leader. You can expect to spend $50 dollars to set up your initial account, and you'll have to bid a minimum of $.05 cents per click. Also, you have to spend a minimum of $20 per month here. But if you are looking for targeted traffic and "Top 3" ranking with some major search engines, this is the way to go.

Sprinks
    This one is a little pricey to get started with. Setting up your initial account costs $100. But they are important because they do the same thing that GoTo.com does for other engines on About.com.

FindWhat.com
    Want to get featured listings on Excite and Webcrawler? Well, if so you'll have to go here. FindWhat is the PPC provider for these search engines, and other deals are expected.

Ah-Ha.com
    Smaller but very popular PPC engine. You can get started with just $25, and they will even allow you to add a small banner to your link. As a smaller engine bids here tend to be much less expensive, but don't let that fool ya. This can be a good traffic generator.

Kanoodle
    Boasts over 135 million searches per month, and has partnerships with CNET, Dogpile, NetZero, etc.. Get started with as little as $25, and also get to display your 468x60 banner ad if you bid on a top term.

Hope that helps.
    Editor, J.K. Bowman
    Spider-Food.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may be unrelated, but I had a terrible experience with ah-ha, not to mention ,that I had 19 clicks in one months. For keywords like perfume or shoes, I found that a little irritating that I spent all my time setting up over 600 kws for so little reward.

Besides the traffic, their customer service was awful. I could never get a hold of anybody in their office. I tried for over 3 weeks. Finally, I did and promptly cancelled my account.

This was about 6 months ago and I am not sure if they got their act together yet.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it might be the other way around. When I was speaking to Ah-ha (about a year ago) their customer service was great (and my rep sounded really cute; but she was in Utah. *grin*).

Then we got notice that they'd been sold to MyFamily.com.. maybe that's when service started going downhill..

Adam
    Find A Web Host: Click Here
    Hosting News & Information:Click Here
    Web Host Reseller Info:Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a male rep ha ha ha.

Seriously, though, that may have been when the service went kaput. At first, I will admit, they were great. Something happened, and I don't know if that issue has been resolved.

Will move this to a new thread in Search engine wars

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a look here...

Follow this link and scroll down to the Pay for Play section.

WebMaster World - Pay for Play

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goto biggest but may not be best

Although Goto is the hands down leader is ppc I don't like having to pay $20/month no matter what traffic I get. Reviewing the traffic they bring me the ROI has not been high at all.

We use a program called human click to have live conversations with our web site visitors. While using that program we can also see which pages users are on and where they can from. So with both the stats and humanclick information I can see that it hasn't given me much bang for my buck.

They also took $4 from me the other day because of the spend minimum

I'm hopeing findwhat will emerge soon as a strong contender.
    The system I must admit isn't nearly as good as goto but the minimum spend amounts and bid amounts are much better.

Food for though.
    Internet Marketing Made Easy
    My Marketing Pro

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you for fact that 7search is a pile of crap. Yes it's great if you want to dump in $25 bucks and have it last a year or more, but that is it.

It's a said state of affairs when we are debating the merits of ppc as these companies would not be in business if it wasn't for the people that build web sites that support the infrastructure of the Internet.

I still use GoTo, but will leave it when it my grandfathered penny per click days are over. I have no interest in paying 5 times as much for just traffic. I'd rather spend the cash and build a few more site that link bakc to my main one.

Best to all.

JT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been instructed to submit our site to over 50 PPC engines! Hows that for futile? We get a clikc here and a click there, but we hardly ever get any sales. The theory behind this is that we want to be in the right place at the right time to get a potential buyer.

Personally, if it were my own website, I wouldn't really waste my time on the smaller PPCs. I would probably go with the top 5 and try to farm out as many penny links as I could that pertained to my site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site http://www.payperclickreviews.com/ lists bay9.com as the #2 engine. I tried them out to see if they were that great dispite their ugly website. I thought there customer service was good, but it was a waste of money. I think they might pay people to click on their links. I am not sure of this, but one day I went throguh $14 on 5 cent keywords and didn't produce any sales leads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is GoTo really that good? What sory of traffic can I expect?
    Your WebHosting Partner - RouterWebHost.com
    eXam SIMulation Software - ExamSim.net
    geeks forums -ProgrammingTutor.com
    BMWClub of Malaysia - BMWClub.com.my
    unofficial MU Fan Club coming soon - ManchesterUnited.com.my